Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 up for car of the year'

Originally posted by Kincaid

I'm not russian. But this is a russian auto review site. They've got the 6 up for Car Of The Year. Sweet
http://www.autoreview.ru/[/b]
This is a list of finalists in European Car of the Year contest. The poll is organised for visitors of that site to vote for their favourite. Right now the readers' favourite is (what a surprise :p) Mazda6 with 38.7% of votes. First runner-up is Mercedes E-class with 25,6%. Click the link in bottom right corner for latest results.

...and of course cast your vote (button in bottom left corner).

Click, click.... and Mazda6 leads with 38,8% ;) :) :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

click-click-click...

Oh, btw, Sigvard. Welcome into the European Union. Glad to have ya!:)

·
Registered
140 Posts

http://www.mazda.com/publicity/public/2002...0210/1025e.html

The following was released from Mazda Motors of New Zealand on October 18, 2002.

Mazda6 Named NBR Car of the Year

The National Business Review has named the recently launched Mazda6 as the winner of the 2002 NBR Car of the Year Award.

Peter Aitken, managing director, Mazda Motors of New Zealand, said the NBR Car of the Year Award is a great reward for the company that has returned to its roots as a car maker of distinctive vehicles, designed with the driver and driving experience in mind.

"The Mazda6 is the first of our new vehicles that is a practical demonstration of our new philosophy and to win the NBR Car of the Year Award clearly shows Mazda has made the right decision."

According to Peter Gill, motoring writer for the NBR, he was stunned by the new Mazda6.

"The new Mazda6 it is a sharp, crisp stylish car well sized and well powered and it conveys an exclusive air. It brings a whole new level of sophistication to the mid size car class and buyers will find it a revelation on the road."

"The European qualities and style features found in the Mazda6 seem to have struck a real chord with New Zealanders," says Mazda's general manager of sales and marketing Andrew Clearwater.

"We are holding advanced orders of 740 units with extremely strong demand for all models in particular the sport wagon."

The NBR Car of the Year Award was presented to Mazda representatives at a function in Auckland this week.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

click-click-click...

Oh, btw, Sigvard. Welcome into the European Union. Glad to have ya!:)[/b]
Did we get in already? I DO have to check the news more often :p.

To tell you the truth I'm not very impressed with all that EU thing. We had one unoin on our backs for half a century (you know, the USSR) and it would be nice to have a say in our daily matters for a while. The years of independence have proved the survivability of our nation and as a patriot I would like things to remain as they are.
On the other hand I understand the necessity to homogenize European economic environment and as an enterpreneur I do support the union. It is so damn difficult to widen your activities with all these different regulations. Going national in US is a kid's game compared to what you must encounter in Europe right now.

Anyways, did those clicks mean that you took a poll on that Russian page? I wonder which car you voted for...;)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I can't say I'm always happy with EU either. But it has its advantages. On the down-side (for Sweden as being one of the richer countries in the union) is that we pay, pay and pay. Estonia would have have and have. And if you get it, I'm not against paying it. Problem is that now the money go to french farmers (that shouldn't have it) or some other strange things...

Well, you're not members in the union yet, but you will be soon. I understand how you feel about unions, but to be honest - you weren't members of a union before. In the word there is some form of mutuality built-in. And there was nothing mutual about Estonia being part ot USSR... :sarc

You've told us that you're an entrepreneur. But you didn't tell us what you work with. But that's perhaps a secret?;)

·
Registered
244 Posts

You've told us that you're an entrepreneur. But you didn't tell us what you work with. But that's perhaps a secret?;)  [/b]
Sorry. I know you've asked about this before but as it was kinda offtopic then, I forgot to follow up. I meant to take it to corresponding topic in the lounge, as it would also be a good idea now in order to stop p****ng off Kincaid who obviously started this thread for completely different reasons.

BTW: What is the highest off-topic count in this forum? I mean the number of topics that have been gone off of while already being off of the original topic? :D :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I don't care. lol.

But I am twice anyone's size and I will beat the s*** out of you :D

Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard
BTW: What is the highest off-topic count in this forum? I mean the number of topics that have been gone off of while already being off of the original topic? :D :D[/b]
I haven't got a clue. And you still didn't answer my question!!!

LOL.:D

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard
BTW: What is the highest off-topic count in this forum? I mean the number of topics that have been gone off of while already being off of the original topic? :D :D[/b]
I haven't got a clue. And you still didn't answer my question!!!

LOL.:D [/b][/quote]

You of all people should, as a moderator that is (I'm not implying that you were the originator of most offtopics) ;).

And yes, I didn't, but I plan to in the near future.

·
Registered
244 Posts

I guess I probably will have my Mazda6 before you do...:sarc[/b]
Perhaps we could make a contest out of it. ...Then again I would score no points in anticipation worthiness category since you've got at least two things more important to look forward to. Maybe we should make a poll to see what others think ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts