Mazda 6 Forums banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Attached is my UOA @ 68k miles. Yeah, I know 5.5k is not much on a change but I do a lot of stop and go driving. I was concerned, but now I won't worry about breaking 6k per change. Nice engine :)

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'm getting my UOA done again at 89,000 miles(soon)....looking forward to see how the engine and oil is doing!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
FYI....O'Reilly Auto Parts/Murray Discount Auto is carrying Amsoil now!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
90,000 and still going strong

Here it is.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I just mailed in my UOA to Blackstone Labs with 113,000 miles on the engine. I should be getting the report back this week hopefully. I did switch to Rotella Syn 5W40 a couple of oil changes ago and went 5,3XX miles on this oil. I was going to change it at 4,500, but I lost track of how many miles I was driving. There was another member that went 5,000 miles on Rotella and the report came back positive.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Test Test test

Wow, they are quick to test my oil. The only I forgot to tell them is that I didn't get the oil up to the proper temperture and that is probably why I have more fuel in my oil this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Got mine back from them yesterday. Didn't look great but I also do oil changes at 10k. Overall I'm not concerned with it. I paid the extra $10 to have them check the lubricity of the oil and found it was great in that regard. I'll follow their recommendation and cut it back to 6k for the next sample.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts
About this Discussion
168 Replies
52 Participants
bluepotpie
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing