Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I’m buying a 2008 2.0 petrol Mazda 6 ts2 how are they to own are they reliable?

It’s purely going to be a second car not doing many miles mainly for taking dog out, shopping and tip runs. I’ve found negative reviews about the diesels but not much on the petrol any insight would be very much appreciated

·
Registered
987 Posts
Looks like I’m buying a 2008 2.0 petrol Mazda 6 ts2 how are they to own are they reliable?

It’s purely going to be a second car not doing many miles mainly for taking dog out, shopping and tip runs. I’ve found negative reviews about the diesels but not much on the petrol any insight would be very much appreciated
Sorry you have had no responses. I personally am not familiar with the 2008 gasoline powered 2.0 litre Mazda6... but a couple / three points may be in order.

i) I think that that is a second generation car (please, Others, correct me if I'm wrong). As such, the front and rear subframes merit a close review (for corrosion). The UK Mazda6... 2nd generation - I'm not sure where it was assembled - but if the source of the actual front- and rear subframes is the same as that of the US built 2nd generation car - one or both COULD be corroded. Can you say MOT rejection?

ii) it is the norm, in the UK, and indeed in Continental Europe - to have a car as big as the Mazda6 - with a rather small engine - i.e. the 2.0 litre petrol / gasoline. That is only 121 cubic inches of engine displacement. Not a lot. So the revs have to kept fairly high to be able to make power. All I am saying is that the Mazda6 is a lot of car to (only) have a 2.0 litre petrol... maybe about 120 PS by way of power, and ?? by way of torque. Certainly, try out the car to see if the "umph" provided by the engine is adequate.

iii) certainly, if the car had the 5 speed or 6 speed manual transmission... well, that MIGHT improve the situation. I note that in the 3rd generation US / Canadian car - with the 2.5 litre engine - the 6 speed Automatic is actually a quicker car than the manual variant by comparison.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi
I have a 2007 2.0 petrol Mazda 6 ts2 147 bhp
its done 124 thousand miles has never let me down
major items replaced was a rear wheel bearing
and a leak from behind the rear light cluster (foam went to dust )
its not the fastest Mazda i had but very comfortable to drive
only just started to see rust underneath
but non on body

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone apologies for late reply my notifications weren’t coming through.

I bought a 2009 Mazda6 TS2 estate 88k miles 2.0 petrol. The bodywork isn’t the best with scratches few door dings and all alloys are bubbled but got good deal and didn’t buy it for the bodywork got it for the drivetrain. It’s proven to be a very good workhorse so far and I’m hoping for many reliable years. I paid £2300 for it and plan to drive it until it breaks (hopefully a long time away) I will only be doing routine servicing nothing else

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to mention it’s very comfortable to drive and find myself taking it rather than my BMW because don’t need to dodge every pothole, nook and cranny on the road lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts