Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:laugh: I saw the neatest thing today. I was out this morning and returning home (central Virginia). I saw a silver Mazda6 ahead of me. I sped up to get a better look. As I passed the (2004?) silver Mazda6 with New York plates, it was being driven by a mid 60s-70s couple. WOW, talk about zoom-zoom. If it had been a Honda Accord, I wouldn't have thought anything about it. Most Accords are driven by older people. I love the Mazda6, such a neat, sporty car. I was impressed that it was being enjoyed by an elderly couple. It had even been modded with the aftermarket gas filler door. I wish I had an opportunity to talk to them and get their thoughts on their car. Zoom-on, in style, but try to act your age! :yesnod:

·
Registered
863 Posts
they were miserable. it was there grandsons car. the couldnt wait to get back into there Grand Marquis lol I had a similar expirience with my old car, a mid 60's lady in a 2 DOOR grand am GT (which incase you dont know is the tarted-up grand am) in none-other than red with chrome wheels, the works.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The old man across the street from me has a '03-04 6i sepang green. Definately strange to see old folks driving a sports sedan... though you see the same with Eclipses, Celicas, etc. I would think they wanted a sporty ride, but then they drive sooo slow, so I guess its more about image and not buying an Accord or Camry like so many lemmings out there.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
not at all rare, non-speed6's are old people cars, as they should be, slow as turtles :laugh:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
not at all rare, non-speed6's are old people cars, as they should be, slow as turtles [/b]
that was rude, are you always so inconsiderate of everyone who doesn't think the same as you do?

I'm hardly an "old people" but I have a non-Speed6 6s Sport. High fuel costs for premium gas, not wanting to put up with a clutch and the peaky torque curve of a 4cyl turbo motor in stop & go traffic are a couple reasons I chose the 6S over the Speed6.

Here's a news flash: My 6s is still a blast to drive

Next time give some thought to the consequences of your words before beating people over the head with them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
not at all rare, non-speed6's are old people cars, as they should be, slow as turtles
[/b]
Funny you say that, cause where i live Ive only seen one other guy my age driving a ms6. the rest have been old men and women with too much money and to little sense.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The stupidness of Ryobob aside, I'm surprised the 6 you saw didn't have a landau top :)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
not at all rare, non-speed6's are old people cars, as they should be, slow as turtles
[/b]
:thefing:

pardon my language, but you're basically an asshole. sorry i bought my car 2 months before they announced speed6. get your head out of your ass.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
wow, you guys must be really sensitive about the fact your cars are slow.. it's a fact, i know, i used to have one. and i feel sorry for you all. face it, old peeps and moms drive ya'lls normal 6's.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
:thefing:

pardon my language, but you're basically an asshole. sorry i bought my car 2 months before they announced speed6. get your head out of your ass.
[/b]
apparently he didn't listen.

once an asshole, always an asshole I guess.......

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I won't be surprised cuz I might do it as well when I get older. My goal is to get a porsche, hopefully it's not gonna take me that long.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
wow, you guys must be really sensitive about the fact your cars are slow.. it's a fact, i know, i used to have one. and i feel sorry for you all. face it, old peeps and moms drive ya'lls normal 6's.
[/b]
what's your track time bud? i'd say 8 out of 10 drivers with a speed6 that i've seen slips for are around a 14-14.2, i've seen anywhere from 10-20 different people with slips from a stock 6s MTX to a 6s MTX with intake running anywhere from 14.5-14.8. last i checked, that isn't a whole lot "slower" than a MS6. I'll take a 6s anyday over a MS6 if i wanted speed i'd use my dads c6 z06 or my moms cayenne turbo.

speaking of slow you're one of those kids i would have loved to come across before my truck was totalled so I can show you what real power is. you know those slow 12 flat second trucks make that MS6 an old mans car.

p.s.- this response is not entirely how i feel but ryobob is a douche so i chose to lower my level of thought to his for a minute. back to the thread, my friends dad drives an 04' 6i see plenty of old people in any car.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Fortunately I see a good mix of old and young, but no 6 club members :(

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fortunately I see a good mix of old and young, but no 6 club members :(
[/b]
i'm wondering if i saw one today lol. it was a younger guy from my area of town in an 06' mazda 6. i was driving like i stole my car but it was a cold day and the CAI sounded nice lol.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
what's your track time bud? i'd say 8 out of 10 drivers with a speed6 that i've seen slips for are around a 14-14.2, i've seen anywhere from 10-20 different people with slips from a stock 6s MTX to a 6s MTX with intake running anywhere from 14.5-14.8. last i checked, that isn't a whole lot "slower" than a MS6. I'll take a 6s anyday over a MS6 if i wanted speed i'd use my dads c6 z06 or my moms cayenne turbo.

speaking of slow you're one of those kids i would have loved to come across before my truck was totalled so I can show you what real power is. you know those slow 12 flat second trucks make that MS6 an old mans car.

p.s.- this response is not entirely how i feel but ryobob is a douche so i chose to lower my level of thought to his for a minute. back to the thread, my friends dad drives an 04' 6i see plenty of old people in any car.
[/b]
wow, as usual, you make no sense at all. speed6's are considerably faster than 6's, stock vs stock, no argument. who really cares about your daddy and mommy's car? how old are you, 12?
you have your rents drive you to pre-school? aww. :yesnod:

you talk about your 12second truck often, was it a bumpin-blazer? let's see some pics, vids.

you wish you were at my level, at least my comments are backed up by facts. i just tell the truths more bluntly than others.

you just blabber nonsense. maybe the car accident killed a few braincells in your head?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
wow, as usual, you make no sense at all. speed6's are considerably faster than 6's, stock vs stock, no argument. who really cares about your daddy and mommy's car? how old are you, 12?
you have your rents drive you to pre-school? aww. :yesnod:

you talk about your 12second truck often, was it a bumpin-blazer? let's see some pics, vids.

you wish you were at my level, at least my comments are backed up by facts. i just tell the truths more bluntly than others.

you just blabber nonsense. maybe the car accident killed a few braincells in your head?
[/b]
97' dakota r/t, rollers, camshaft, headers, true dual exhaust, intake manifold*upper and lower*, lowered 2" for looks/stiffer suspension, r/t heads which were almost twice the stock size, super chip tuner. if you want pics i can try and dig some up but it was totalled 5 months ago and the work was done 12 months ago.

my blazer was actually a gmj jimmy that had a built up typhoon engine in it. no idea what she ran didn't care as it lasted me to 209k miles so i was happy.

you back what up with facts exactly? i never said the 6 was faster it's just not fast enough to call a regular 6 an old mans car. not to mention the fastest 6's aren't build off the speed line now are they.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

[/b]

I doubt this kiddie would know a fact if it fell from the sky and hit him squarely on top of the head.

well, we can only hope................

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The worst part about the guy's humoring this kid is teh fact that I seriously doubt he even has a speed 6 to begin with. But someone should tell him that 230 hp or whatever the speeds put out, isn't fast by any means.

When springs comes around if you ar eup near Iowa or anthing i'll go to the track with ya though.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts