Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

DLAI aka Who Am I just messaged me about the mazda6 recall. He was at the service department yesterday and they told him that there is no such thing as recall for the canadian 6, maybe somewhere else but not canada..!!

dunno if this is true, but if it is, this is great news!!! :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 recall

That's Interesting..... I thought every N/A 6 is made in same plant. oh well.. I guess there's one thing less to worry about. ;)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

All 6's in North America are made at the FlatRock,MI plant. The headlights come from the same pile and are exactly the same.

This being said I would say that the service department of that dealer didn't appear to know what he was at? :(

EDIT: I have also thought of the fact that the headlight module is indeed different between the two [US and CA models]. Was it the modules and not the wiring at all that caused the malfunction I wonder.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Why would that (headlight module) be any different than US version? Do Canadian Drivers need more light? or less light? Maybe it works like that washer fluid.. (Bigger fluid tank for Canadian's, eh?). I'll wait and see Mazda Canada's response.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 recall'

Originally posted by ndy4eva

Why would that (headlight module) be any different than US version?  Do Canadian Drivers need more light? or less light?  Maybe it works like that washer fluid.. (Bigger fluid tank for Canadian's, eh?).  I'll wait and see Mazda Canada's response.[/b]
Daytime Running Lights. I've got the wiring diagrams and it's not just a piggyback on the module, it is an entirely different module.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Could be the module, who knows?

I'm sure if there is a recall, we will be notified soon.
As of now, I'm still using the foglights, low beam is not bright enough. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts

Canadian law requires, day times as Kincaid said, different wiring for sure. Apparently a different module!

·
Registered
376 Posts

maybe the module is different but i don't think they had to put different wires too... it's been told about the issue of the wires, not only the lights module...

and there were no case where the car bursted into flame yet so i think they make this recall to prevent it... wich means it's not so dangerous to put on your fog lights... so i still use them!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 recall'

Originally posted by ecsw

I thought DRL is required in US as well? Only in Canada?[/b]
Only in Canada. And it IS a different module. They do the same thing with the Protege's. It used to be a piggyback system [just adding DRL's to the existing module]. Not anymore though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts