Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my first week with my brand new mazda6, a friend accidently broke the rear spoiler, it's still in one part but there is a big crack on the middle of it, right in front of the break light... does anyone knows if it can be repaired or if i got to change the hole thing?

btw, don't try to close the trunk by pushing on the spoiler...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: mazda6 raised spoiler

Yeah that can be fixed. Polyurethane is a little more difficult than fiberglass to manipulate but it can still be done. But how hard did he push on it, damn.

Mazda6 trunk can be closed with two fingers.

·
Registered
837 Posts

DAMN. I got to remember not to push on the spoiler. I guess that is the harzard of owning a spoiler.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'mazda6 raised spoiler'

I repeat:
Originally posted by Kincaid
Mazda6 trunk can be closed with two fingers.[/b]

Just push underneath or at either side of the spoiler very lightly and it will close.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanx for the advice with the Polyurethane! i'll check this out...

Kincaid, you are true, a new car have no need to put some muscles in doors closing... my friend knows it and will pay to fix it finally...

i'll give news on that as it will happen...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

The 6 doors and trunk should last a lifetime with the proper care. Yell at anyone that slams the doors and warn them before they close them of it. These people are used to other cars, they will often have to slam doors in their own. heh. Not so with the 6. I love the 6's doors.

Case in point, the entire package placed 2nd in Europe for Car Of The Year. It took 2nd only to Mercedes. I don't mind that for the price difference of the two.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The Swedish cars have an issue at least with some rubber things in the doors that dampen the door slam (a pice of rubber inside the lock). When cold, the rubber turns hard. THen it takes a few tries to close the doors.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by Blackbird

The Swedish cars have an issue at least with some rubber things in the doors that dampen the door slam (a pice of rubber inside the lock). When cold, the rubber turns hard. THen it takes a few tries to close the doors.[/b]

it seems to be true with my m6... so far i remarked that when it goes under -5 celcius, the doors need to be closed harder...

it's no big deal since i never seen any car do better in cold conditions!

M

·
0 Posts

About the door closing effort, we have had 2 consecutive -30C in quebec and me and a colegue have had the same problem. We can not get the doors to close. It will work after about 15min. of heating. It is also hard to close under -10C. Does anybody have this looked at and is there a fix. This is very anoying when you have to drive with the doors not closed completely:(

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

That sounds bad mazdaz. You should never have to drive with the doors not latched correctly.

It's often under -10, -15 and such down here and I never have a problem with what you're referring to. They close more solid in the cold winter actually.

·
Registered
164 Posts

theres a handle in side the trunk that i close it by i hate finger prints *black 6*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts