Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh! Stupid Mazda Canada. :( This is crazy. I can't get the car I want with the options I want. First of all, a summary of the packages in Canada:

GS-4 is the base car with 16" wheel and the 2.3l 4cyl
GS-6 similar to the GS-4 but with the 17" wheels and the 3.0l V6
GT-4 loaded 4cyl version
GT-6 loaded 6cyl version

There is a "sport package" that makes a GS-4 look like a GT-4 but without the leather.
Then there is my bone of contention, the GFX package. This is all the boy racer stuff with the side skirts and black interior and red gauges. Its okay, but not for me. What really bugs me is that the only way to get the upgraded stereo and sunroof is with the GFX package. In fact, contrary to Mazda Canada's web site (which lists them as separate options with the GFX as a prerequisite); the dealer only offers all as one big package for $2200! What's up with that? :wtf

I mean these options are not related in any way. They are available separately in the US, so why can't we get them here?

Well, if that's they way they are going, then they aren't going to make any extra $ off me for the sunroof or stereo then, because I don't want the sport package.

TBone
Hopeful future owner of a blue GS-6 with sport grill and lip spoiler

·
Registered
27 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 Options in Canada

Yep.. Mazda Canada sucks..

This is why I'm the proud new owner of a GS4 w/ sport package..

I would have been happy to pay for Bose and the sunroof, but not only could I not get them without the GFX, but I also would have had to upgrade to the GT and get leather that I didn't want, since they don't even offer those options for the GS4.. Thats like 5 grand worth of crap I don't want just so I can get a hole cut in my roof... no thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Because the GT model comes with the upgraded stereo and sunroof, I had debated going that route, even if I don't want the leather. Base price of the GT is $31995. So if you add GFX to the GS you get $30460. So really that's $1535 for leather plus the other GT options. I'm not adding the $765 for the GFX package because I really don't want it anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I hear ya... not only that, half the dealers/salespeople are clueless about the packaging. I'm on the other side of what you wanted, as I wanted the GFX package but the dealers tell you that it is a $2000+ CDN option. Then as you said when you look at the brochure it shows that the GFX does not include the Bose or the Sunroof. When I saw this there was no way that I was going to spend $2K for just the GFX. It wasn't until I asked them how much it was for the Bose and the Sunroof that they told me that you need to get the GFX as well and the total price for all of this was $2K. When I heard that I thought it was much more reasonable.

·
Registered
156 Posts

MAZDA CANADA is F...ED UP!
I just bought a GS w/ sports package, and the GFX and moonroof, upgraded stereo is not even an option... You can only get that stuff with the GT after getting the leather etc. The main thing here for me is the GFX package, Mazda Canada claims that if you have a GS I4 (stock bumpers); the GFX bumpers will NOT even fit on it.. That's BS I think. Cause in the states, you can easily switch it as a package option. Has anyone put a GFX bumper on their GSI4 yet??? I'm sure you can purchase a bumper from parts.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Speaking of which, it does suck. But I have to say the sports package on GS-I4 for $900 cdn is a good deal. When I look at Altima, a $1200 package will give you the similar options like SP on M6 GS-I4, but we have 17" compares to 16 on Altima as well as fog light which is yet cheaper than Altima 2.5S' $1200 option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts