Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 MPS Full story'

Not bad, in fact I think it looks darn great with a few minor changes. First, that grille opening is HUGE!!!!!! I can't stress that enough, and it looks kinda odd to me. I'm sure it probably is there to help with the intercooler and turbo, but still, can't they make it a little less pronounced?

The rectangle exhausts remind me of a Pontiac. If they could put round, large chrome pipes back there, I would think that will look much nicer.

the rest of the car looks fantastic. The wheels are maybe a few too many spokes for my taste, but the rest looks very very very athletic. The car has an incredibly solid stance, and has absolutely no boy-racer wings or anything else that I absolutely detest. The car just looks ready to haul from every angle, while still looking quite svelte at all times.

If Mazda does bring it here with the direct injection engine, wouldn't that make Mazda the first car company to bring direct injection to the US?? That would be quite impressive to beat out others such as DaimlerChrysler or BMW to that.

All in all, I think I will fall in even more love with this car.

Now, what about the RX-8? They MUST have a Mazdaspeed version in the works, as this MS6 will undoubtedly be a quicker car. Sounds good to me :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I doubt the rectangular exhausts will make it into the production version. The 18" wheels would be marginal as well. Who knows though.
The reason direct injection hasn't made it here is because our gasoline ruins DI engines in a hurry. Too much sulphur. This isn't a manufacturer issue. It's an oil company issue. They're not going to go through the extra expense to refine the sulphur content out unless forced to either by regulation or demand.
MazdaSpeed versions are planned for both the Miata and the RX-8. Grrowwwl.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I'm a fan. The specs are very nice, and the pics back it up. The blue dash lights look great. I wonder how hard that would be to change in a standard 6???!! ;)

I doubt this particular car will make it to Australia, but there's always a chance....

Seeya...

DMan

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by DMan

I'm a fan.  The specs are very nice, and the pics back it up.  The blue dash lights look great.  I wonder how hard that would be to change in a standard 6???!!  ;)  

I doubt  this particular car will make it to Australia, but there's always a chance....

Seeya...

DMan[/b]
Probably quite easy to change, but perhaps not so cheap. Depends on what kind of light source they're using. Probably we're talking about some kind of LEDs or longlife lamps.

But as long as they use the same system/connectors in both vehicles that should not be so hard to exchange.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts