Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
My thoughts...they found a way to add fuel without anyone noticing. I can't even see how they could get that by drafting another vehicle for the highway miles.

C&D had an article on this a while back by getting the best fuel economy they could out of a Honda Insite. From what I recall, they drafted behind a Ford Explosion with it's rear doors open (and got the car within a few inches of the bumper for the majority of the trip). With this test, they were diving through city traffic and what-not. I just can't see how it was done without a little cheating...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine gets 40mpg when doing 180mph :nana: :nana:

I've been getting about 25 mpg city. Actually 500-550 km per 50 liters

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
im getting about 34 highway according to my AE scanner. too bad im getting something like 15 city. next time i take a road trip, ill let you know what the actual highway mpg is.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
ive been getting 27 mpg mostly highway @ 70 mph cruise control. 18 or 20 mpg around town with a heavy foot. im taking a long road trip next week and expect 30+ mpg if i do an entire tank highway and dont hit any long traffic jams.

·
Registered
117 Posts
ive been getting 27 mpg mostly highway @ 70 mph cruise control. 18 or 20 mpg around town with a heavy foot. im taking a long road trip next week and expect 30+ mpg if i do an entire tank highway and dont hit any long traffic jams.
[/b]
Do not forget that US Gallon =3.78L and Imperial Gallon = 4.54L. :slap: If your MS6 gets 30 MPG in the US it will magically get close to 36 MPG in England...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do not forget that US Gallon =3.78L and Imperial Gallon = 4.54L. :slap: If your MS6 gets 30 MPG in the US it will magically get close to 36 MPG in England...
[/b]
HA! good catch! haven't thought of that... so 30 US MPG is about 7.8L/100km .... sounds doable...

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I dont care, its still better than my Mazda6 V6 at 17-19 mpg.

I currenty achieve 14 mpg 50/50 city/hwy.

I drive crazy as hell, ask the Police Department, lol.

Once we tune our cars correctly, it is possible to gain 1-2 mpg.

·
Registered
967 Posts
[/b]
+1, I've gotten as high as 29mpg.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I am averaging 21.8 with mostly highway and very little city. However, sometimes I'm at a stop on the highway. Very rarely do I get on it also. If I was able to cruise on the highway then I think I could get 28, however my drive seems to be stop/60mph/stop/15mph/stop/45mph/stop .....

·
Registered
489 Posts
I normally get around 21-22mpg, with an average highway speed of about 80mph during my normal weekly commute. I slowed this down to 65mph for a tank of gas and I got a little over 25mpg for that tank. Were it not for my twice-daily "cold start, warm-up, accelerate to highway speeds" routine, I'm sure I'd be able to get better than that.

However, I don't know how those guys got 36mpg (unless they mean "imperial gallons" not "US gallons").

·
Registered
315 Posts
HA! good catch! haven't thought of that... so 30 US MPG is about 7.8L/100km .... sounds doable...
[/b]
the best i have obtained is 8.5L/100kms....for a 300km trip. BUT the average is 11.6L/100kms for the past 3000kms of my normal driving NO HEAVY TRAFFIC BUT LOTS OF GEARCHANGING..

·
Registered
396 Posts
I drive 95% in the city and I get 16-17 MPG. I have taken a few long trips on the highway and I got anywhere between 21-23 MPG.

·
Registered
194 Posts
+1, I've gotten as high as 29mpg.
[/b]
+2 My gas mileage has improved since the car was new. I used to get in the high teens every tank, 17-19'ish. Now, my average mileage driving the same has risen to 21-23 doing the same type of driving. I took a road trip to the Grand Canyon a while back and averaged about 27-28 for the trip, with my best tank being just short of 30 MPG, and this was with the car loaded with 5 adults and a full trunk of luggage.

·
Registered
396 Posts
+2 My gas mileage has improved since the car was new. I used to get in the high teens every tank, 17-19'ish. Now, my average mileage driving the same has risen to 21-23 doing the same type of driving. I took a road trip to the Grand Canyon a while back and averaged about 27-28 for the trip, with my best tank being just short of 30 MPG, and this was with the car loaded with 5 adults and a full trunk of luggage.
[/b]
How many miles do you have on the car?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Mine gets 40mpg when doing 180mph :nana: :nana:

[/b]
that would be as it's falling off a cliff, right..??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
315 Posts
that would be as it's falling off a cliff, right..??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[/b]
my friend's Bentley Continental GT gets 3.5 mpg(imperial) at 205mph...seriously according to the onboard computer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
[/b]
I'm currently getting 21-22MPG with 80% highway/20% city driving (driven over 75mph average speed on freeway). When I first bought my Speed 6, MPG numbers were all over the place for two to three weeks. It ranged anywhere from 17MPG to 19MPG. I think reflash helped quite a bit (had it done with my purge valve solenoid repair). After the reflash, car started to see 21 to 22 MPG. 22MPG is not that bad for a 274hp AWD high-performance car, in my opinion. :yesnod: Just ask Mustang GT owners how their MPG is...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts