Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by cooldude@Jul 9 2005, 09:39 AM
Hi there, You just mentioned that we have the "option of displaying the disc+track+time info, ID3info, Directory name or filename....... ". Let me know what I should do to scroll between these options. As of today... I can only see the disc+track+time info  and nothing else..... I have pressed the Auto-M Disp button many times but the disc+track+time info disappears and after 6 presses it comes back on again.... I recently opened the MP3 player and it is a Pioneer.... 

Please help.....
[snapback]451274[/snapback]​
This seems to be normal behaviour with European and/or 2004 models. The MP3 player only works properly on older & some US models, which is why Mazda Europe don't list it as an option for the 6 :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got my MP3 player installed from Dealer for $400. I am not to savvy with mods done by myself, so figured let the Pro's do it...and if anything breaks or goes wrong, I can always take it back to them.

Thanks for this thread as when first playing around with my MP3 player, wasn't able to get the text to show up on the dash....but by pressing the "display" button, get a buncha different options.

Defin better than carrying around a bunch of cd's with me every where I go.....was able to put 13 full albums on one CD!!!! :yesnod: ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a UK 2002 Mazda 6 (well I have put a deposit down on it and hope to collect next week). It currently has a dash cd multi-changer in it and I would really like to put an MP3 CD player in it if possible.

From some of the posts above people are implying that this won't work on UK models? Or is it just that certain functionality won't be available?

I have looked at the iPod option as well, the only real advantage to this that I see is that you do get ID3 information to the display. However if this doesn't work properly either then I think an iPod solution may be better?

I am a bit confused about this, if anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
There is actually a 6 CD MP3 Bose option now for the newly release Mazda 6... however we haven't had anyone in australia pull one out of the new 6 to try in the old 6...

as for a 2002 model 6, the MP3 player from the 2004 Mazda 3 will work fine...

·
Registered
3 Posts
this post is really helpful, ajnd i'm debating if is better to buy teh mp3 player and install it by myself or let somebody install it....anyway nobody said anything about where is possible to find the "stand alone"mp3 player compatible with all mazda (i ahve a '03 and i suppose that the new model is not compatible with the old model, so i must also be careful about wich model i buy), becaus ethe only thing that i can find is the one on the official mazda site.

Another curiosity is related to the possibility to use another mp3 player instead of the one made for the mazda....is something out of the mind or is possible to buy soemthing like a clarion and install it in the mazda6?

I also found on ebay a nice add-on for the ipod that has the software to work with the mazda 6 controls, so if you ahve an ipod with 190 bucks you can listen mp3 and use the controls on teh dashboard and on the steering wheel :) there is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-6-iPo...sspagenameZWDVW

I don't have an ipod so for me is useless, since it cost more than buying and install teh original mp3 player ;) another great thing would eb to have a connector where is possible to plug the headphone output on a normal mp3 player...without using the disks :D I saw the sylphex but it require to open anyway the dashboard...adn i don't knwo how good it could be when you bring the car for service; so if somebody has an idea aobut how to do that i would be more than interested :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
The only part of the install the bugged me was the existing red screw that held the OEM player into the cage.
They were so damn tight that I stripped most of them. I had to use pliers, my deadly dragon grip, and name in vainin' to get them off.
I'm just glad Mazda included replacement screws with the unit.

Oh, the other was the bolt that you get through the glove compartment. I didn't drop it, but I kept thinking I would. So put some tape on the end of your socket for insurance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
can you please tell me did they fix the random play option so that when you hit advance song it advances to the next RANDOM song and doesn't take you out of random play
[/b]

That drives me crazy!

man, this whole time i thought the MP3 player is a 6cd in dash but it turns out that its a single cd player, and i dont think i'll swap my 6-cd in dash for a single, MP3 or not.
[/b]

My MP3 player is a 6cd in dash. I had the dealer order it for me and install it. I wouldn't buy the car without them ordering and installing the MP3 player. I love it!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I just ordered a 6 disk MP3 player for my Speed 6, but it is on backorder from Trussville Mazda. I'm wondering if I will get an updated version (2007 radios) with the new plug-ins for MP3 players/Ipods. :goon:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I heard that the newer version of this module will have an AUX input. I am waiting a little before I order in so I can get the aux. If that doesnt pan out I'm getting the ipod accessory.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Damnit. I should've read this thread before I bought the mp3 player. I was just fiddling around with it and the start up and song change delays are annoying. The random function/reset problem is even worse. And no auto scroll for the id3 tags. Just awful. :(

G

·
Hi, I have an '06 Mazda6 with the non-bose audio system. Will I be able to swap out my single-disc CD player for one of the single-disc Mp3 players from the older model Mazda6's, or do I have to go another direction?

I tried searching the forums for more information on this, but there seems to be a limited amount of information on the '06 with the non-bose. Any information provided in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

G

·
hi, I just installed mp3 player to my 04 Mazda 6, but can't find out how to set bass, treble, balance, etc.....It's not there where it was on 6dics changer.
can anyone help me, please ??
thanks !!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi guys,

Nice info here . Still having a doubt. I am driving a mazda6 2.0 2004 with no CD player (jeddah, Saudi Arabia). Went to dealer to buy a cd player with MP3 option.He said the cd player for 2004 is not compatible for MP3 you have to buy 2005 cd player with MP3 option it will fit there and work with no problems. Not ordered yet thinking if the id tags and filename will workfine with headunit diplay or no and what abt the connectors and stuff are they compatible. Cant trust this dealers here.Please help planning to buy soon . Though iam getiing very cheap (170 US $) comapre to you people I know someone he is getting me disocunt on that. Please help.
Very nice info from hatchback thanks man.

MCmann

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks,
I want to make some mod's to my stereo as well, so reading through the discussion here has been a great help. However, does anyone know where the pics and video went that were posted by Sigma? The links don't work for me for some reason. It seems like the cup holder is the hardest part of the whole exercise and I'd rather not attempt removal unless I could see the video of how Sigma (or anyone else) did it. If anyone can help re-establish the video / pic links, that would be great. Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
Can somebody tell me the model number of 6CD MP3 BOSE unit for Mazda6 2006-08? It is written on the back and probably is like "CQ-EM4xxxxxx"
(This is not the same as Mazda part number)
Is this unit compatible with AUX/IPOD interfaces like GROM and AXXESS?
Or it already has AUX input builtin?
Does it support RDS (radio text)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2009 M6 with mp3 cd player. Love it. What's driving me mad is trying to get the mp3s to play in a specific order. I have managed to burn on CDRW that plays as I want, but all the others simply revert to alphabetical. I contacted Nero, who rather than give me the proper answer suggested that I name each track 01,02,03 etc or use M3U playlists. They don't say where the playlist should be put (i.e. is it in the same folder as the mp3s it calls on, or is it not in a folder?)
I'm using Nero 10. Can anyone tell me what settings I should use to burn an mp3 cd with non-alphabetical play order?:)

41 - 60 of 70 Posts