Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I own a 2006 Mazda6s with a V6 3.0 engine. My check engine soon light has been on for a few days, it seems to come and go every few weeks. Most of the time it drives fine, very few times I have noticed a drop in acceleration, or tough shifting from park to reverse. Today as I'm on my way to work, going 70mph, this happens, but the whole car drives fine. Keep in mind, this pic was taken from my cell, but I was going 70mph with no loss in power or anything else feeling wrong. Anyone else ever experience this or know what could be wrong? Keep in mind it shows I'm going 0 when I'm skirrrtin across this highway!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Based on the amount of alert information from your panel, it seems you may have a sensor or wiring problem. Your car is an 06, so you may have some warranty left to fix the problem. (It's probably not a wear item like brakes or low trans fluid...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
im willing to bet its an O2 sencor on your tranny and if thats the case FYI get it fixed ASAP or you can hurt the tranny good, as far as your dash i can think of 2 things
1. like twowheelin said "wireing"
2. bad fuse... the reason i say fuse is, there is a fuse that most of the new cars have that control all gauge lights and odometer and RPM. but im willing to bet its the O2 senor on the tranny...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok gentlemen. Today at approximately 8:32am cst, my Mazda6 has passed away. The mechanic at the dealership called me and said that the ABS control module needs to be replaced and it will fix all the problems.

This is not covered by the 8 year, 80k warranty, the pcm and ecu he said would of been. The codes he pulled up were u0101, u1900, u00073. He disconnected abs control module, started vehicle 2 times, checked codes u12900, u0121, u0121 for abs communication, he responded in notes needs abs control module. The part cost $1,050, and install will be $310. Its been a pleasure being a part of this forum, farewell as I drive this car off a cliff.

On a positive note, I talked to a few of my customers today, as I'm in sales, one was a BMW mechanic who came in after work. I talked to him about it for a few, and he said you can most likely get them a lot cheaper online, or he even suggested getting a used abs control module from a used auto part superlot not to far from my home. Any suggestions, tips? This is a sad sad day my friends. Also do you suggest going to a different place to get it installed assuming I go used? The mechanic said to make sure if I do that they can pull the codes from the existing unit and put it back into the new abs control module. My only fear is if I spend this much it still wont be fixed

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts