Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was dicussing this on AIM last night, I'm wondering where the MT on the 2.3 and the 3.0 comes from as, I believe its the same tranny. I'm trying to figure out how much power it could handle.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Manual Transmission'

From the CarsEverything preview:
The manual transmission range includes:

• The Mazda G5M five-speed is designed to give the four-cylinder engine line-up crisp, short-throw shifting feel and low shifting effort in true sports car style. It features new dual synchronization - a high power synchronization feature for responsively quick shifting, easier shift effort and precision engagement - for the first and second gears.  

• The A5M transmission is used for leveraging the higher-torque engines, including the V-6 gasoline engine and the diesel variants. This five-speed manual transmission also features Mazda attention to detail for optimal shift quality.[/b]

·
Registered
468 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

From the CarsEverything preview:
The manual transmission range includes:

• The Mazda G5M five-speed is designed to give the four-cylinder engine line-up crisp, short-throw shifting feel and low shifting effort in true sports car style. It features new dual synchronization - a high power synchronization feature for responsively quick shifting, easier shift effort and precision engagement - for the first and second gears.  

• The A5M transmission is used for leveraging the higher-torque engines, including the V-6 gasoline engine and the diesel variants. This five-speed manual transmission also features Mazda attention to detail for optimal shift quality.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

also forgot to add (from same article):
• A JATCO 5-speed transaxle is fitted to V-6 equipped models. Its robust construction is ideal for the higher torque output of this engine. Smooth shifting quality for its specific application in Mazda 6 was a priority in its design configuration.

so then this means the 6 cylinder manual trans is diffrent than the 4 cylinder manual trans?

also the auto comes from the tribute.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 Manual Transmission

White 6s: the I-4 and V-6 use entirely different transmissions. Both the manuals and the automatics are different.

·
Registered
577 Posts

Ed,

I would interpret it to mean that.. Hmm.. Two different transaxles.... Interesting. And if the transaxle in the V6 is entirely new, then it will be some time before we get a good limited slip differential out on the market. I was hoping that Quaife could whip one out for us in relatively short fashion....

Nikolas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts