Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday I laid my hands on a swedish magazine, "Teknikens värld" that has made a thourogh test and comparison of these sport models:

* Audi A4 (Avant)
* Volvo V40
* Mazda6 sport wagon

It was a very good test, where they drove the vehicles for several days. Guess what?

Mazda6 wins - big time. With five stars they became the class leader according to the magazine.

Great value, handling, quality feel, load space, reliability, fuel economy etc all adds up to a big Mazda6 victory.

The only criticism is (no surprise here, folks) that they feel to much road noise gets inside the car. They also tested the 1.8 for comparison and it has less sound, but still too much they say.

Anyway, I still take the sound issue lightly, the Mazda6 is much quiter than my 626 from -99, and I don't consider that very unpleasant to drive either...

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 kicks butt...'

NICE!

Anyway, I still take the sound issue lightly, the Mazda6 is much quiter than my 626 from -99, and I don't consider that very unpleasant to drive either...[/b]
The 1.8L seems to produce too much noice. The 2.0L is much better

·
Registered
58 Posts

If you think your 99 626 is noisy...you should go back to the 88 redesign. I have to crank the radio on the freeway because the interior gets so much road and wind noise. Anything has got to be better than that.

I'm starting to realize that I will miss my poor little 626 when I finally make the move to the 6. What has everyone else done when replacing a Mazda? Are there rituals that I should perform to help ease the transition? This is the only car I've ever owned! I feel like I'll be abandoning it...it has taken good care of me and here I will be dumping it for the latest hottie. Oh well. I guess I'll survive somehow.

MM

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Originally posted by MightyMazda

If you think your 99 626 is noisy...you should go back to the 88 redesign.  I have to crank the radio on the freeway because the interior gets so much road and wind noise.   Anything has got to be better than that.

I'm starting to realize that I will miss my poor little 626 when I finally make the move to the 6.  What has everyone else done when replacing a Mazda?  Are there rituals that I should perform to help ease the transition?  This is the only car I've ever owned!  I feel like I'll be abandoning it...it has taken good care of me and here I will be dumping it for the latest hottie.  Oh well.  I guess I'll survive somehow.

MM[/b]
I know what you mean. My previous Mazda was a -90 Sedan 626...

My recipe was to sell it to my brother, he still has it. So I get to touch it sometimes...good for the soul!

You could also just keep it and put it in the backyard...:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

You could also just keep it and put it in the backyard...:D[/b]
Just don't forget to wash it and start it up once in a while or it will get lonely and sulky. Maybe let it play with the new '6 once in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts