Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swedish car magazine Vi Bilägare has a survey on the net where people can vote for the cars they think will be among the seven to go to the grand final.

Mazda6 is presently in the third place among the cars in that poll.

See here:

http://www.aretsbil.com/extra.asp

Swedes who didn't vote can do that here:

http://www.aretsbil.com

(The rest of you probably won't even understand what it says...:D )

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 in

I voted for the 6 of course :D The trick then is to wote for the somewhat crappy cars, like the Fiesta :D Then the 9-3 and XC90 will not get any points :D

Must admit that I like the new 9-3 though. Like the S60 but a little better looking. The back seat seems really bad... But who cares? :D Mazdas back seat is one of the, if not THE best in the class.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah, regarding space. But Mazda6's back seat has been critisized for being a bit hard, probably because it's rather thin due to the Harakiri :)D ) seats...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

That's better then having a small seat or as in the 9-3, very low seat. On the pictures it looks lika a normal person barley is abel to peek out.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Car of the Year in Holland:

Citroën C3.
Ford Fiesta.
Honda Jazz.
Mazda6.
Mercedes-Benz E-Klasse.
Opel Vectra.
Renault Mégane.

I think the Mégane wins :(

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The Renault is an ugly car. Not VERY ugly, just ugly. But I guess it's a fine vehicle, nothing to say about that.

Only that Mazda6 is a lot better...:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well, "car of the year" is also an international casting process, where magazines in several countries vote. We'll have to wait a while to see the total outcome of this circus.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

The Mégane is boring and Seat-like at the front, a boring dashboard and a ugly rear...

But.......I drives very good, safety is very good, and a lot people can apprisiate (??) the design...

The Mazda6 and Opel Vectra a both very good cars. But the Vectra is only as sedan and as GTS/hatchback which always have those spoilers, so I don't think the Vectra wins over the M6......and the Vectra is boring :p

Fiesta drives very good and has a lot of space, the Jazz is quite multifunctional and the Citroen C3 is a funny looking car with good space...but the dashboard is very uhm...bad...not in design but in materials and stuff

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yeah, even if we step aside from ourselves for a minute and look a bit objectively (which is hard when you're in love, but anyway) at the Mazda6, it should stand a good chance.

The problem is that many journalists have trouble to look beyond their own ideas about how things are and should be. Mazda6 has lost tests against BMW:s and other cars only due to how they look at Mazda's image...:sarc

·
Registered
163 Posts

No matter what happen, I think Mazda have come very close to their "Zoom-Zoom" dynamic. The company has certainly delivered with this car.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

That's what's a bit strange with the whole "car of the year" idea...cars from different classes "compete" with eachother. It's a contradiction in terms. But anyway...C3 is a competent small car, nothing to say about that.

But if we look no further than to midsize cars, Mazda6 stands out like a polar bear in the middle of Sahara... That would be a GREEN polar bear...:D

And the rest of the competition, that would be the DUST...:hoho

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

There's new news, people.

The finalists have been selected. These are:

Citroën C3
Ford Fiesta
Honda Jazz
Mazda6
Mercedes E-class
Opel Vectra
Renault Megané

I got a mail about this earlier this morning. And I did my voting. You would never guess which car I voted for winner?:D

(Matt: this is the same list you posted. Meaning, this is the international finalists chosen by car journalists from all over the place).

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

I got a mail about this earlier this morning. And I did my voting. You would never guess which car I voted for winner?:D[/b]
Is the only 'way to vote' by mail? And I don't take those "Car of the year" competitions too serious, because too my opinion they're too busy with looking at 'how many cupholders the car has' and such things an average car-user doesn't give a F*CK about at all.. :sarc

Coen

1 - 20 of 26 Posts