Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 features/options/specs'

Thanx Toadman! This is Awesome!! (The spec link was on the MazdaUSA site this whole time and I never noticed it.)

Two things sux though... NO NAVIGATION SYSTEM!!! I really hope they make it an option on the hatchback. It's one of my main requirements in getting a new car. And no DSC either :(

Mazda if your listening..you're two items away from making the PERFECT car.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Mazda,
I agree with AliAL 100%. Navigation is a must have option, and DSC is a must have option, just package it with side curtain airbags or something.

Also, the hatch needs to come as soon as possible. If it comes before the sedan, even better.

Also, please don't chintz us as far as little things go, like collapsing mirrors. And lord lord lord please don't lighten the steering or soften the suspension or any of that other BS in the name of "thats what Americans like", cause we don't.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

Mazda,
I agree with AliAL 100%.   Navigation is a must have option, and DSC is a must have option, just package it with side curtain airbags or something.

Also, the hatch needs to come as soon as possible.  If it comes before the sedan, even better.

Also, please don't chintz us as far as little things go, like collapsing mirrors.  And lord lord lord please don't lighten the steering or soften the suspension or any of that other BS in the name of "thats what Americans like", cause we don't.[/b]
Yeah! (Especially to the hatch part).

Except I don't care as much about the nav, but they should still offer it. I may want it, I may not. But it should be ther.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

... And lord lord lord please don't lighten the steering or soften the suspension or any of that other BS in the name of "thats what Americans like", cause we don't.[/b]
Couldn't have said it any better!

·
Registered
837 Posts

Why would Mazda not give must collapsing side mirrors? I don't know how many times I have to fold my Honda and Volvo side mirrors because of tight parking spot.

It just makes sense. It can't cost that much more to make folding mirrors is it????

NAV is a great item but make sure it is an option only. Because at the price, not everyone can afford to add it to their shopping list. A suggestion to Mazda, if it might cost you more to add into the assembly line to make the few GPS NAV system then why not make it available for individual dealer installation when the car is sold. Just a suggestion.

DSC is nice to have but I probably won't go for it because of the extra money. In Canada, you can drive fast and drive a bit more sporty (aggressively) anyway so DSC won't be really needed. The only time I can see DSC would be helpful is in the winter but then this car is a FWD anyway.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I know I need the navigation. I have a horrible sense of direction. Maybe it will be offered by the time the MPS gets here.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

If NAV is important, then I would suggest taking a closer look at the Compaq iPAQ based navigator. You can use it in the car - but also by foot.

And it's better than all car based systems...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

If NAV is important, then I would suggest taking a closer look at the Compaq iPAQ based navigator. You can use it in the car - but also by foot.

And it's better than all car based systems...[/b]
The disadvantage of having a system like the IPaq is having to download the maps (no easy DVD); having to hide it when leaving, smaller screen, and of course it doesn't fit anywhere and so has to be mounted on the dash or the ventilation ducts. I agree though that they are good systems and worth looking into.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

Originally posted by Steve 6er

And it's better than all car based systems...[/b]
The disadvantage of having a system like the IPaq is having to download the maps (no easy DVD); having to hide it when leaving, smaller screen, and of course it doesn't fit anywhere and so has to be mounted on the dash or the ventilation ducts. I agree though that they are good systems and worth looking into.[/b][/quote]

Maps can be downloaded into a compact flash card. You can hide it in the "sunglass" compartment (where the NAV usually resides) or take it with you.

Most kits for iPAQ comes with a mounting system for the windwhield.

Personally, I'd prefer to have both...the car mounted system has the advantage that you never leave home without it...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

There's one problem with your iPaq idea Steve: I'd have to buy a Compaq product.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

There's one problem with your iPaq idea Steve: I'd have to buy a Compaq product.[/b]
I actually agree. All products from Compaq I have ever tried have all failed and/or had a bad build quality.

However, my wife has an iPAQ 3630, and it's actually great. I'm considering to buy a NAV system for it, that's why I happen to know some about this...I'm doing some research as to what system to buy...IF I do that...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts