Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mazda6 powered with diesel engine, 136HP. I can see that lot more posts are about gasoline engines. I would just like to know how many of us drive M6 diesel... your expiriences, what oil do you prefer (do you use mazda's original, which is lot more expensive or others)? I would like to know everything useful.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 diesel

I'll probably ge my diesel within 2 weeks. If we could get a fair amount of diesel drivers together we could get our own section, unless they let us. As the diesel is way different in its engine type this would be very interesting, especially when it comes to mods and tuning the engine.

Edit: BTW, welcome to our board :)

·
Registered
176 Posts

Got my CD136 3 month and 5k km ago.
Nice car. Thrilled by the speeding, especially the in gear speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanx.It's good to be here. And I agree with you, we should get our own DIESEL section.. On this forum there are many informations and posts from many people from all over the world, but when it comes to engine info, it's almost all about gasoline engines. Mazda6 has one of the most advanced diesel engines in the world, which makes it really special so i think it deserves it's section.
I hope you'll drive your as soon as possible. I know how it is to wait for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here are some tips for you, I do this every time...
First, I let engine warms up for 10-15seconds when started...
I go easy with it for at least 15minutes, or 10-15km.... 2000-2250rpm max...
Before switching engine off, I always wait for a minute or two, but at least one minute in place because of turbo charger... so that it gets a chance to cold a little bit...

·
Registered
176 Posts

Chatow, what is your avg. consumption on a mixed road conditions (25-30% urban, rest extra-urban ... at least 500km)?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Denny,

there is a mod chip available that will boost it up to 166HP. Even though it only comes with 136HP standard the torque is quite good. You'll get 310 Nm with that engine. With the chip the torque will be around 370 Nm. The Turbo will give you a pretty good boost at lower rpm so that you think it's much more powerful than a gasoline engine.

Edit: And there is a rumor that Mazda is working on its own mod chip for the diesel engine, the advantage: you won't lose your warranty when you'll put that in because it's from Mazda itself. If that will ever come out I'll be the first to buy it. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Adim_v, my M6 consumption is around 7liters per 100km, airocondition is on, all the time (it's hot here).. and I drive fast...

That mazda made chip is interesting... I would never put something no name... not only that warranty would be lost, but engine could be harmed as well. i hope, i REALLY HOPE it is not only a rumor.. I'm saving the money from now on...

driver6, i had VW GOLF III '97, 1.9D, it was a good car... I had a good time driving it, but it was slow... very slow...

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Chatow, how many hp had yours? Mine has 90. Well, bought it as a student. It had to be affordable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mine had 64HP... 90HP was my dream all the time.... Then I bought Mazda6... and sold Golf for 8500E... fine price, don't you think?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

The price seems to be alright you sold it for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yes, on this market, it is expensive, but car was in very good shape..

I did some modifications on my own, i figured that air intake is pretty narrow... so i put out some tubes... There was slight gain in performance... with incredible sound around 2000rpm...
I could do all things by myself, change glowing plugs, oil, brakes,filters,everything... i miss that alot... now, i don't even look under the hood so often... everything is so complicated...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 diesel'

Originally posted by Driver6

Denny,

there is a mod chip available that will boost it up to 166HP. Even though it only comes with 136HP standard the torque is quite good. You'll get 310 Nm with that engine. With the chip the torque will be around 370 Nm. The Turbo will give you a pretty good boost at lower rpm so that you think it's much more powerful than a gasoline engine.

Edit: And there is a rumor that Mazda is working on its own mod chip for the diesel engine, the advantage: you won't lose your warranty when you'll put that in because it's from Mazda itself. If that will ever come out I'll be the first to buy it. :D

Driver...have you ear some news about Mazda mod chip for diesel engine tuning??

And another question.....what do you suggest as aftermarket mod chip for the 6.I mean which brand and why (if you have some ideas)

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Sorry, I don't have any news on the Mazda mod chip. There's only some car tuners here in Germany, that'll take the chip that's in your car and tweak it for more performance. So I cannot really recommend a brand, if there is any.

·
Registered
176 Posts

What about some PowerBox - additional boxes installed in connection with the chip - which modify the data given to the chip?
I've tried to find something for my 136HP diesel but ussually the tuning companies in here are only doing germna cars :(

·
Registered
134 Posts

Anyone changed the oil on a diesel yet? Any special draining / re filling with resect to the turbo?
The workshop manual (thanks forum) does not seem to refer to the turbo at all (I did a word search.

Mines still in warrentee, but I would like to do an intermediate oil / filter change.

Chris

Y

·
0 Posts

I completely agree that we should have our own diesel drivers section. i have the best of both worlds yellow sports but diesel reliability. and my god it can trash those mercs, audis and friggin bm's. .....GET SOME!!!!:p

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Originally posted by yellow atenza

I completely agree that we should have our own diesel drivers section. i have the best of both worlds yellow sports but diesel reliability. and my god it can trash those mercs, audis and friggin bm's. .....GET SOME!!!!:p
Where did you get a yellow diesel? Here in Germany this color wasn't available for diesel models. What's your location? Maybe you want to put it into your profile. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts