Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 05 six. I have the bose system obviously. But I coulnd't help to pass up a crazy deal for two rarely used amps & 10" MM10 momo sub. My friend was selling it. But I tried snooping around & playing with somethings, im afraid I am going to mess something up. I have a bunch of aftermarket wires!
My question is. I want to disconnect the factory amp & subwoofer. I know where the sub is LOL. Does anyone know about the amp? Also can I take out the old amp & put the rockford in the same place & use existing wire? I dont know what Im really doing, but Im sure i can do it If i had help. Can anyone offer info & help besides going to a shop to have them install. THANKS!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the sub amp is that little box attached to the bottom of the bose sub.

you need to run new power flow directly to the battery. i'd recommend finding a technically competent friend or good road shop. if you decide on doing the install yourself search the forums for previous posts, there are many.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sub amp is that little box attached to the bottom of the bose sub.

you need to run new power flow directly to the battery. i'd recommend finding a technically competent friend or good road shop. if you decide on doing the install yourself search the forums for previous posts, there are many.
[/b]
Thanks for your help. I had no idea the amp was there? Have you done any sound mods to your 6?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've done a two sub/amp hookups with the bose system into two M6s, XM roady into 3x M6s, and the AudioLink USB into one. i currently own a 2006 MS6 and a 2005 M6s. i traded in a 2004 M6s for the speed6. the bose system makes it really easy to add an aftermarket sub/amp, and a little harder to add HU, speakers. metra does make a dash kit if you're considering adding an aftermarket HU in the future.

for the power, you would need to run your own powerflow directly to the battery, the factory wires to the bose sub cannot supply enough power. you'll also need to tap your own ground, and you can tap the signal cable at the bose harness. there are quite a few post here and over at mazda6tech.com. good luck, keep us up to date.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
mk706
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing