Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, its nice and smooth but the travel is kinda long. I read on a BMW car site that a aftermarket company had built a sort of bumpstop to fix this problem for BMW, basically a bumpstop that sat behind the clutch pedal so that you didn't have to press it in all the way, I'm guessing by this that in some cars you push the clutch in farther than you need too? I don't know if this would work for us or not, I may also be misunderstanding what the device was...please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyhow, it would be nice to be able to shift quicker

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 clutch Travel

My friend on one of the BMW forums said that you can pretty much make your own clutch stop. Basically it just stops the clutch at the point of engagement. I'm sure there is some way to do it on the 6, but you can just do it yourself - just dont puch the clutch it all the way. It wont grind the gears or anything if you do it right. Another friend tried it on his Civic by pushing the clutch in halfway and works fine.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 clutch Travel

Just don't tamper with it so the collapsable pedal rack malfunctions in a crash - jamming pedals in certain ways might hinder the pedals of collapsing, resulting in foot/lower leg pain/crushing.

One easy way is find the engagement point, ad half an inch or something to be sure, mark the spot on the pedal arm where the arm comes out of the "wall", and MiG a metal part just after that point, this way hindering the arm of going furhter down...

But then - I wouldn't do this - I rather keep my feet intact then have a sportier clutch travel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts