Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No no, it's not official or something like that, but I was just wondering if Mazda will come up and surprise us with a cabrio-version of the 6. Since they used other german cars like the 3-series and the A4, I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to do the same like these brands are doin': building a cabrio on almost the same platform. It could appeal even more buyers, and since the 6 is looking better than, say a Golf, so why not? And it's driving capabilities are above the average, but is the car's 'frame' stiff enough? If it's not, they could go for a targa-version..
Let me hear your opinions about this one, and maybe someone can make a little 'desing-study' (Steve, ..?).

Coen

Ps. maybe we can convince Mazda to make one (at least a prototype)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

Played around i photoshop some with a cabiro... But sad to say the 6, not at leas as i got it, fits as a cabrio... From the side the hood/front is much to round/high to go well with a cabrio. Made it two-door. A two door coupe/ T-top á la Trans Am would fit better I think... Yummi :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

I've made a Mazda6 Coupe ones. Looked very, very good! There was a 626 Coupe, there was a MX-6, so why not a new MX-6 or a 6 Coupe?

And offcourse; a cabriolet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

I was actually thinking along these lines a couple of days ago....

Why two doors? If you are going to buy a sedan, four doors is much more practical. If you only want two doors, why such a big car? Two doors seem very impractical in a mid-size to larger car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Matt Mazda

            I've made a Mazda6 Coupe ones. Looked very, very good![/b]
Show us, please!

QUOTE
the 6, not at leas as i got it, fits as a cabrio... From the side the hood/front is much to round/high to go well with a cabrio. Made it two-door.[/b]
Ok, the 6 would need to become a two-door car, but I don't understand what you mean why the 6' hood/front is too round/high.. Did the BMW 3-series or Audi A4 not have such problems? I think so, and their designers changed some of the bodywork, but only a few easy, little things like doors, etc. So I guess that wouldn't be a problem at all. ;)

Coen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

It would certainly make a lot of sense for Mazda to sell a four-seat convertible.

I know *many* Miata owners who had to grudgingly move on to another car when they had kids. (Myself included, and if Mazda keeps putting off the 6's release it may not be to another Mazda, either.)

If there was a 6 Cabrio, Mazda could keep these folks in the fold. Trade in the Miata for a pair of extra seats. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

See the attachment for the 6 Coupe. If I could, I would make the car a bit less longer and I would take the roof a few centimeters down :p

The Coupe is based on this picture

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

About hte hood. THe BMWs are very sleek cars and I can't see that they had to change the front or anything. Audi on the other hand... The new A6 (and probably A4) Looks like a rubber boat with that front. It's like an exagerated version of what the Mazda would look like... But if they Lower the hood a bit then I'm sure it would be nice...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

I believe Mazda is toying with the idea of a convertible RX-8. I believe that would fill the niche for a four seat convertible nicely. As for the coupe idea, I think Mazda is still too much in cost saving mode to venture it. But maybe we'll see one again as the reinvented MX-6. Personally I don't see what the big deal is with coupes. Some people seem to think that having rear doors is like they're admitting to being a sorry family type who isn't living life on the edge (or something of that nature).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

QUOTE
Originally posted by kenoka
Personally I don't see what the big deal is with coupes.  Some people seem to think that having rear doors is like they're admitting to being a sorry family type who isn't living life on the edge (or something of that nature).  [/b]
Yeah, I've never understood what the fascination with 2 humongous doors on a coupe is either - they're a pain in the ass to open without bashing the car next to you or you have to squeeze yourself thru a small little opening because you can't open the door wide enough to get in or out comfortably.

Plus they're a pain in the ass for anybody to get in/out of the back.

Give me four convenient doors any day of the week.

MM
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

QUOTE
Originally posted by MightyMazda
Give me four convenient doors any day of the week.

MM[/b]
How about on Saturday??:hoho

No, sorry, I agree with you folks - coupes are stupid. I hope Mazda doesn't build one. I had my backdoor bashed by some stupid a**hole, and the risk for that happening again is much bigger with a lot of coupes out there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

QUOTE
Originally posted by MightyMazda

Yeah, I've never understood what the fascination with 2 humongous doors on a coupe is either - they're a pain in the ass to open without bashing the car next to you or you have to squeeze yourself thru a small little opening because you can't open the door wide enough to get in or out comfortably.  

Plus they're a pain in the ass for anybody to get in/out of the back.  
MM[/b]
Please tell me why there are still brands (I don't call names, but Mercedes is one of them..) who make cars WITH backseats, but WITHOUT backdoors?

Coen
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

QUOTE
Originally posted by OppenheimeR


            QUOTE
Originally posted by MightyMazda

Yeah, I've never understood what the fascination with 2 humongous doors on a coupe is either - they're a pain in the ass to open without bashing the car next to you or you have to squeeze yourself thru a small little opening because you can't open the door wide enough to get in or out comfortably.  

Plus they're a pain in the ass for anybody to get in/out of the back.  
MM[/b]
Please tell me why there are still brands (I don't call names, but Mercedes is one of them..) who make cars WITH backseats, but WITHOUT backdoors?

Coen[/b][/quote]

Let me take a guess...they can't count??:sarc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 Cabrio!!'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            QUOTE
Originally posted by OppenheimeR

Please tell me why there are still brands (I don't call names, but Mercedes is one of them..) who make cars WITH backseats, but WITHOUT backdoors?

Coen[/b]
Let me take a guess...they can't count??:sarc [/b][/quote]

Who knows.. ;)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top