Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the engineers at work gave me a copy of Ward's Automotive for March 3,2003.

The basics of the article are:

-Mazda forcasted a long-term production schedule of 65:35 favoring the I-4 engine
-Mazda is currently at a mix of 63:37 and are expecting either 60:40 or 50:50
-They do not have adequate supply of parts to build cars with V-6 engines, sport packages, or 5-spd manuals, i.e. demand is much higher than expected
-There has been stronger than expected demand for the sport package
-The market segment demand for 5-spd manual transmissions is about 10%. Mazda is seeing over 15%.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 build mix'

Very interesting stuff.

I wish I could afford a subscription to Ward's. A single is like $2,300 multiple subs get it lower, but it's still unreal.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda6 build mix

What I don't understand is why fricken Mazda changed my "Special Order" to the most common build configuration then. (yes I am still pissed) Why would someone possibly order a i4 auto????

A

·
0 Posts

I have had our mazda 6, fully loaded, for a while now, but when we were buying ours the car company was very careful to tell us if we did not take it now it may not be in for a while and I can see why.
lucky me

·
Registered
212 Posts

Well, that explains a lot...and confirms what everyone thought. Mazda better get their act together quickly before they face a large crowd of p!sssed off customers.

·
Registered
315 Posts

I'm almost done. I test drove the V6, 5 spd, sport my dealer just got earlier this week. It already had some paint problem that had been buffed and the buffing marks looked awful. There were creaks in the cabin already. The suspension felt very odd and made loud "thud" noises over some typical road imperfections at a couple of stop signs which my Mits Eclipse handles with no problem or noise.

Also, there was quite a bit of tire noise in the cabin at highway speed.
And during highway ride the tires gave a hollow ringing everytime they would hit a small sharp road imperfection.

Also, the biggest problem was the lack of power from the V6. It wasn't very obvious nor did it feel like there was something wrong with the engine. The car just felt underpowered and not very much stronger than the ir sport I had driven just 2-3 weeks earlier.

I hope Mazda isn't rushing these cars to market in a quantitiy over quality method. This was the first 6 I had driven that didn't leave me with a "must have it" feeling. The dealer is supposed to get another V6 very soon and I'll have to drive that one to make sure.
But, I'm getting worried.

Also, this is the dealer that said "no problem" to S-plan and now they tell me, "no, these cars are selling too well. Maybe later in the summer." I explained that they said before it wasn't a problem and are now changing their tune. I don't like that. And that is turning me off.

Well, the new WRX is supposed to hit the dealers in a couple weeks. When those cars roll in I'll be taking a serious look. I've had a dealer offer me $500 over invoice on one, but we'll see when it actually gets there.

This is starting to irritate me. I may wait till the RX8 shows up and see what happens then. I'm really bummed.
Mazda, looks like you dropped the ball on this car. It's a good thing the demand is there to save you though. Missing my sale won't hurt.
:)

Tome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts