Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are three ariticals, including a "newcomers" Estate TDI, "Longtermer" 2.3 Sport, and buyers guide. Some quotes:

"...looks as stylish as an A4, rides and handles like a Ford Mondeo, and performs as briskly as a VW Passat."

"...only real giveaways to the fact that we're not sitting in a fine new all-rounder from a prestige European car maker are the shiny alloy look centre console..."

"...we'd go so far as to suggest that the wagon is the most desirable of the three body styles."

"...for this class of car there's an astonishing amount of room in the rear seats, making a Mondeo feel cramped..."

"Charging at up to 120mph dished up nothing but comfortably quick transit..."

"Stacks of room in the back seat, too..."

"Any traces of wind noise at high speeds - were quashed by the kick-arse Bose sound system..."

"...more than a pinch of inspiration from German counterparts [in the interior], from quality plastics and clear controls, to carefully considered metal finishes."

"...it acted quite unlike a front-wheel-drive car."

"A revelation from the people that brought us the 626. Great chassis, communicative steering, nice engines and transmissions..."

"...try before a Vectra."

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda6 bits in November Volume of CAR'

Hi there, and welcome!

Yes, this car is doing well in tests. Even in a test I read just the other day, where it didn't win, the test chief (there were a team of testers) had to make one thing clear: his choise was the Mazda!

Thanks for the nice quotes, and once again welcome here. Have fun!:)

·
Registered
837 Posts

Welcome Ickes,

Not to be a pessimist but were there any down point to that longterm test?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

[glow tcolor=green, fcolor=black, size=2, strength=3]Welcome Ickes![/glow]

I won't address the points individually at this time because I'm lazy (it's not even 9:00am over here) but I will say

sounds good!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Negative comments

Thanks for the welcomes. I've been lurking around here for a month or so now, but this has been the first topic I posted on. I've been waiting for this month's CAR because of the longterm test Mazda6 report and the other items on the Mazda6 and JDM/Euro Accord were a bonus.

I think this is the third report on the long term car. Reported repair cost have been nil. The only negative comments about the long-term Mazda6 have been about the color - bright yellow. Otherwise, the author says that there seems to be a lack of interest in the car because its a Mazda. He was approached at a fueling station and asked what kind of car it was. When he replied it was a Mazda the questioner walked off without any further words.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I don't know why Mazda gets such a bad rap. Just look at the RX7's (after they got the FD's right, that is) and a Miata. These cars have a very devoted following. The Protege also seems to be quite popular. What's wrong with Mazda?

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

I don't know why Mazda gets such a bad rap.  Just look at the RX7's (after they got the FD's right, that is) and a Miata.  These cars have a very devoted following.  The Protege also seems to be quite popular.  What's wrong with Mazda?[/b]
It's not gonna be the same.
With mazda6, we have so much trouble convincing people that the cars were made by the same company.

Zoom-Zoom indeed! :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

One reason for the switch to the MazdaX names is that there is this lack of connection between the MX-5/RX-7 and the rest of the line. An early artical in CAR on the Mazda6 said that Mazda's own research found that most people thought the MX-5 was a Toyota.

Also, the November CAR as a one-page story about the creation of the MX-5.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It was in "Teknikens Värld" issue 21, in the test of Saab's new 9-3, page 38.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ahh yeah there it is :D.. Well the other four testers choose different car's... but he's the boss so that's what counts :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Ickes: Are you Ickes_Mobile on Edmunds? Either way, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

That would be me!! I think its great when you find the same people different places. I know thats the case with a lot of people at Temple of VTEC as well...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts