Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and came across SR Motorsports website and saw some pullies, they looked legit but not sure,

THIS IS WHAT THEY QUOTED:

"For the 2.3L and 3.0L and Mazdaspeed6. Alternator and Waterpump pulleys. Because of their 15% reduced diameter and 60% lighter weight, energy normally used to turn the heavy stock pulley is now used to turn your drive wheels! Usual power gains from 4 - 6 horsepower. In addition, the high performance lightweight aluminum underdrive Power Pulleys are a perfect choice for street cars, road racing ,drag racing and autocross due the reduction of water pump cavitation. Horsepower gains vary widely depending on what has been done to the vehicle"

heres the link: http://www.srmotorsports.com/Mazda6_Perfor...er_Pulleys.html

If anyone can give some feedback that would be great.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
same feedback as before. Go ahead if you want to destroy your engine...

You may have 30k miles fine on your engine, but I'd like mine to last 100k or more...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
That's WAYYY expensive on pulleys....my brother in-law works for an aftermarket parts store called Hyper Sports in Hawaii..and he said pulleys for his Nissan Altima 3.5SE were about $250 for ALL new pulleys and belts that's without employee discount....And he also said they weren't even that much of a difference. But like DaBears said, I think they'll only last or are only made for like racing a lot or somethin....not a keeper for forever....

I guess the only way to really know is to find out who has them because it seems the info provided didn't tell you much but..."these things are Great!! They will give you more horsepower!!" I'd bite If I had the money...but it's to bad I live paycheck to paycheck just to afford this frickin car!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya it sounds like yall might be right on this on, I was kinda skeptical about this product, one of my friends purchased AEM pullies for his Civic SI four years back, and it still runs fine but it did not give him near the amount of HP these are advertising, nor were they this expensive. I think I gonna stay clear of these.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
one of the guys on the 3 forums put on their race set on his car and saw about 6hp iirc. but didn't mention that it removed the A/C and lowered the alt. so much his battery would die....but he liked the power. don't think they offer the race set anymore now though.

hard thing with SR is they don't usually answer questions. you are good to order, but you just can't call or email them with questions as they usually don't answer.

since you already have the crank pulley, i wouldn't worry about putting on any more, shouldn't me too much more of a dif.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing