Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just recently bought the mazda6 2018 with the turbo. I love using the turbo, but I noticed the car doesn’t really have a good grip when trying to accelerate from the line, atleast for me. I heard that getting wider tires would help with this, what tires would you guys get to help this problem (I still have the ones from the dealership). And maybe add some general tips to make my experience better?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The car's got a ton of torque and non-performance oriented tires. If you don't want to swap rubber right away, which is ultimately all that will help, you'll have to try and train yourself to ease into the throttle a little easier. Get the car rolling a bit before goosing'er.

I also found making sure that I stop the car with the tires not on the white stop strip helps immensely. That white paint is slippery compared to the asphalt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car's got a ton of torque and non-performance oriented tires. If you don't want to swap rubber right away, which is ultimately all that will help, you'll have to try and train yourself to ease into the throttle a little easier. Get the car rolling a bit before goosing'er.

I also found making sure that I stop the car with the tires not on the white stop strip helps immensely. That white paint is slippery compared to the asphalt.
Yeah alright, if I were to replace the tires to mitigate that what tires would you recommend? (I live in Arizona so doesn’t rain here much and doesn’t snow)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts