Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what to do next with my Mazda6... I was having starter issues, which I replaced it and it still will not start. I had the battle checked also and still will not start, what should I do next, or how do I figure out what the problem is??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I meant Battery. Okay so it could be ground connections. I'm going to have it towed to a bodyshop and I will mention if they can check the ground connections.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way yes it does crank. You can hear that it wants to start but it just won't turn over.

·
Rally Racer
2,363 Posts
Do you have any engine codes (check engine light)?
Did the car ever run for you?
If it did run what happened the last time it ran?

Just so I understand you have a "crank no start" issue?

The two things you need are spark and fuel. I would verify that the fuel pump is working (fuse?) and also check all the engine fuses for ignition and injectors as well as the fuel pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No codes, everything seem to have been fine. This issue started a few months back, however lately it wouldn't start so I would get a jump. Just two days before buying the new starter, checking the battery and fuses I had to jump start it. But nothing gave me indications of this problem.

·
Registered
544 Posts
By the way yes it does crank. You can hear that it wants to start but it just won't turn over.
Please clarify, you said the engine won't turn over so then, it is not cranking. Are you hearing the engine turning or just a short noise when you hit the starter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please clarify, you said the engine won't turn over so then, it is not cranking. Are you hearing the engine turning or just a short noise when you hit the starter?

I put a new starter in the vechile and when trying to start the car you can hear that it wants to start, however it does not turn over.

·
Registered
544 Posts
In my opinion, if it works when you jump it, then it is your battery or your alternator. Not the starter.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I would have to agree with @jman1200 . If a jump gets it going, your battery is likely the issue. Go to an auto parts store and have it load tested. I suspect it won't pass. That way, if it doesn't, you're in the right spot to replace it and solve your problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts