Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I was just wondering if anyone knew when the Mazda3 would be released, especially in Australia and if there were any specs/details about it floating around on the net (e.g. pictures).
Regards!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda3'

The Mazda3 probably will be first shown at the Geneva Auto Show (around march). And will be for sale late 2003. Atleast......that's in Europe. It will be on the same platform as the new Ford Focus (2004/5); and Volvo V30

there will be a sedan and hatchback. Yes, Mazda is stupid again......others brands have a 3d and 5d hatch, a stationwagen, a sedan and a coupe/cabrio. Peugeot for example:

307 hatches, 307 Break, 307 SW, 307CC (coupe+cabrio) and later on the 307 sedan..

Here are 3 imagesthe first 2 are very old

This one is from stern.de.......says it all...:sarc

·
Registered
205 Posts

There are 2 spy photos of the 2004 Mazda3 wagon on pg. 20 of Import Tuner magazine (Jan issue).

Can't tell too much from the pictures - the car was black and heavily camouflaged.

From the spy photos (and from a Mazda person who has seen it); the side of the silver wagon above is accurate. The front is not accurate - it'll be more aggresive in real life. As for the sedan, apparently the back of that looks a lot like an RX-8.

I don't know when it'll be shown to the public but I'm desperate to see it as well. I need a car next year and if the Mazda3 isn't available yet I'll get a Mazda6.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks heaps guys, you've been really helpful. I need (well, not need, want) to get a car next year as well, and if the Mazda3 is out and is at least on par with the Mazda6, then I'd defintely get it!
Thanks again for all your replies/pics, much appreciated.
:D

·
Registered
157 Posts

I was told tha Mazda3 wont be out till of of next year 2003 or early 2004, thats what I was told when looking at the mazda6.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I live in France and am the owner of a 323 DITD 2L Diesel 1999 133000 kms.
Very good car without problem.
I recently ordered a MAZDA6 2l 136 elegance (2nd equipment level in france) that will arrive at the end of March. Colour: SILVER CONTRAIL.
For the first time in France I saw tuesday 7/1/03 in AUTOPLUS (french weekly auto news)
a photograph of the future MAZDA3. It was that of the orange (yellow) one.
It should be unveiled in september at Francfort.
Wait and see.:love

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey Furioso, any chance you could scan pictures of the Mazda3 from that Magazine. I would *really* love to see it! Because the above yellow one is a photoshop, or was it exactly the same image?
I was reading drive.com.au, and they listed the details of all the automotive manufacturer's plans for 2003, and Mazda3 was not mentioned for 2003 for Mazda :(
If I knew it was coming out by end of this year, I'd wait, otherwise I might just have to go looking else where. Oh well, miracles can happen! :sarc

·
Registered
8 Posts

Sorry EyezOnMei I went to buy the magazine today but I could'nt find any left.
Anyway the picture I saw was exactly the same as your photoshop except a better quality.
What i know about the new MAZDA3 is:
-First presentation in September in Francfort (Germany)
-Avalaible on the french market in spring 2004 (no idea for Australian market but why not before as for exemple MAZDA2 is already on sale in Australia and it will be only in April in France)
-New common platform with Ford Focus monospace and future VOLVO (which will replace V40 and S40).
To my point of view it'worth waiting, and if you can't, just do like me and buy a MAZDA6, it's such a beautiful car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by FURIOSO

Sorry EyezOnMei I went to buy the magazine today but I could'nt find any left.
Anyway the picture I saw was exactly the same as your photoshop except a better quality.
What i know about the new MAZDA3 is:
-First presentation in September in Francfort (Germany)
-Avalaible on the french market in spring 2004 (no idea for Australian market but why not before as for exemple MAZDA2 is already on sale in Australia and it will be only in April in France)
-New common platform with Ford Focus monospace and future VOLVO (which will replace V40 and S40).
To my point of view it'worth waiting, and if you can't, just do like me and buy a MAZDA6, it's such a beautiful car.[/b]
Thanks a lot Furioso, very helpful so far =)
I was just wondering, when is Spring time in France, like, which month does it begin? Now I'm really hopeful it'll be here by the end of 2003. I'd love to get a Mazda3.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Spring in Europe means March or April but I hope it will be a little earlier for you, for instance end of 2003.
Be patient.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by FURIOSO

...What i know about the new MAZDA3 is:...
-New common platform with Ford Focus monospace and future VOLVO (which will replace V40 and S40)...[/b]
To this point check out this link.

·
Registered
5 Posts

My old man is a Mazda dealer principle and last week a regional Mazda rep left photos of the new Mazda3 with him. I was very surprised and excited because I have been scouring the Internet for spy photos with extremely limited results. I have a front 3/4 and side shot of both the sedan and 5-foor.

I haven't even decided if I will post them - I don't want to get myself or anyone else in trouble but I will try and describe the pictures to you.

First off, do I like it? Yes, although I now like the sedan more than 5-door.

What do they look like?

OK, here I go. First, the sedan.

I had been previously told to expext to see lots of RX-8 in the new M3. Well, I don't really see it. To me, the car looks more like a smaller, somewhat more agressive looking Mazda6.

The car I have pictured is obviously the top trim level. It is red, has what appears to be 16 inch gorgeous alloy wheels and a collor-keyed front grill (exactly like the optional sport grill on the M6).

Grill shape and headlights are very similar to the current M6, although they are smoked - like the current Protege. The headlights assembly has three projectors - there are relatively small rounded fog lights on the lower fascia.

The hood has very similar character lines to the M6, but there's more a power bulge to the hood.

Viewed from the side, the front half of the car is - again - very similar to the M6. The rear half - especially the C pillar - looks very much like the current Jetta. Door handles? Just like the M6. 4 wheels discs on this car.

Rear end. Very hard to tell with the shots I have. My guess is that it will - again - look very similar to the current M6. Small decklid "chin" spoiler on the car in this photo.

Oooh, oooh, oooh!!! The sedan is nice.

A word on the engine front. Protege lovers, your dreams have come true - the 160 HP 2.3 will be available in the M3.

OK (grin grin); now for the 5-door.

I'm not quite as enthusiastic about the this one. I currently have a P5, and in all honestly I think I kinda like the current one better.

Just about everything I said above applies, so I will concentrate on what's different.

The back end is less steeply raked than the current model - in other words it looks more hatchbacky and less wagony if you get my drift. It may just be the color of the cars, but the hatch also appears to have a much more prominent fenders and a character line that runs the length of the car.

It gives it a more high beltline kinda look. In that way it kinda looks like that silver hatch "spy photo" of the M3 that has been kicking around the net forever.

I'm going to leave my description at that for now, but I am more than happy to answer questions.

:D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Thanks a lot, mate!!

About the hatchback, is it more like the Protege5/323F (so half hacthback, half stationwagon) of more like the last 323F/Astina (I mean the shape of the car):

·
Registered
5 Posts

No, it still looks more like the current P5 than the Astina (love the Astina though). The angle of the rear window now looks more to me like the previous generation civic hatch.

Again, it still looks good - I'm just not as personally fond of it.

·
Registered
157 Posts

I posted this on another section of the forum. IMO the rear tail lights look similar to the S2000 and the windows similar to the current Astina.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Mazda3'

IMO the rear tail lights look similar to the S2000 and the windows similar to the current Astina[/b]
The rear lights is more a combination of the Mazda6 and MX-5

BTW: it has a lot of camouflage, so I don't think it really got the same wondow as the 323F/Protege5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Omg, all these slow releases of information are getting me excited. If they release this before the end of 2003, I'm almost definitely going to buy it. Otherwise, it's Celica or 200sx for me. Rather have a brand new Mazda3 though :D
Thanks for all the recent info guys, please keep em coming! Hopefully it'll make me more patient for its release, hehee.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts