Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt sure where to put this, so i figured the lounge would be good.

Me and a buddy at work are having this debate right now..

What order would these vehicles come out in in a straight line race.. i guess 1/4 mile and 0 - 60mph times:

- Mazda6i MTX (160HP, 155TQ, 1380kg weight)
- Mazda3 Sedan GT ATX (160HP, 150TQ, 1318kg weight)
- Mazda3 Sedan GT MTX (160HP, 150TQ, 1286kg weight)
- Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5 MTX (170HP, 160TQ, 1290kg weight)

The numbers would say the speed protege.. but what about in a real world scenario... considering the turbo lag, etc. The Mazda3 MTX would be a very close second i would imagine.. Also, would the 6i beat the mazda3 ATX?

(All the numbers above were taken from the Mazda Canada website)

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I believe that the speed protege had a LSD, so I would say the protege. But, if no LSD, then I am not sure, it would be a driver's race

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
protegespeed defiantly. A lot of testers had varying 0-60mph times. Best was around 6.7 I think. So based on that it will definatly win. Althought HP #'s are close it has more tq in the earlier rpms.

1) protege speed
2) Mazda3s MTX
3) Mazda6i MTX
4) Mazda3s ATX

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The Speed Protege hands down, it does have a LSD and is extremely a quick little car! There is a slight turbo lag, nothing major like the 1.8T that Audi and VW's have.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.. i didn't think about the LSD. I remember reading that it does have one, so i know that for sure.

Anyone know the times for stock 6s ATX and MTX? Would that be a closer race (between the ATX and the MSP at least..)?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
A 6s ATX w/ cp-e either w/ 5sp or 6sp ATX will come DAMN close to a protegespeed. I got 0-60 in 7.04, and I have the 5door. Another member g-teched his 6s atx at 6.75 so its very close.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A 6s ATX w/ cp-e either w/ 5sp or 6sp ATX will come DAMN close to a protegespeed. I got 0-60 in 7.04, and I have the 5door. Another member g-teched his 6s atx at 6.75 so its very close.[/b]
u mean 5sp ATX, right? The new automatic is that good? that's pretty impressive... makes me wonder how new cars with that auto tranny would do (honda fit for example, but not against these cars of course :p).

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
You can't compare modified car's to stock ones. If you start doing that, the competition will just bring a modified vehicle along to compare against yours.

And when you are talking FI vs NA...it's like bringing a knife to a tactical nuclear weapon fight. The turbo car's get more power per mod (and $$) then NA ever will.

The MSP will win. Just leave it along and go use your ego to compare sharpened pencil's at work or something.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I will be in the GTA in September for the SWC/ALMA races at Mosport, I will driving my MSP to the event. So you can see in person how quick this little car is.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That'd be great to see.

And my money was on the MSP, strictly because of the numbers.. tho I did think it would be closer than u guys made it out to be.

The MSP will win. Just leave it along and go use your ego to compare sharpened pencil's at work or something.[/b]
Not really sure what ego has to do with anything here.. I have a 6i and thought it would be last out of the bunch. That car isnt very quick.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just read that the Mazdaspeed 3 is coming out. 250HP with an estimated top speed of 240Km/h. But I've learned not to believe everything I read. They are boasting it to be the fastest car of it's class on the market... but I suppose this is every car manfacturers boast....

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I just read that the Mazdaspeed 3 is coming out. 250HP with an estimated top speed of 240Km/h. But I've learned not to believe everything I read. They are boasting it to be the fastest car of it's class on the market... but I suppose this is every car manfacturers boast....
[/b]

welcome, glad you have climed out from under a rock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing