Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a post by Bob Hall over on Miata.net

The fact the engine bay of the Mazda 3 is sufficiently roomy to accept the lower-cost Duratec was another nail in the coffin of the K-Series as well. Which is not to imply that there will be a 2.5 or 3.0 Mazda 3 at launch.[/b]

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: MAZDA3 V6 in the future?

"at launch"

Not at launch but maybe later?

Sounds to me like a RS/R32/Cupra R killah'! :D Looks SOOO much better then the other ones as well.

·
Registered
791 Posts

To compete against the Jetta VR6?

Seems to me that a Protege with the 2.3l engine would already be a screamer.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Yeah, but a 220hp Mazda3 would make a great Mazdaspeed ;) (as long as it doesn't get too heavy)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Replying to Topic 'MAZDA3 V6 in the future?'

Originally posted by Jerome81

Yeah, but a 220hp Mazda3 would make a great Mazdaspeed ;) (as long as it doesn't get too heavy)[/b]

And also try to get good weight distribution like regular protege has.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Any ideas where it will come out first? Europe or N.A., I didn't include Japan because it probably will come out there first.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Mazda3 is coming out in Germany this October. My guess is a couple of months earlier in Japan, and MazdaUSA hints at Nov/Dec for the Americans.

I don't see it coming this calendar year for Canada (Mazda's not going to introduce 3 new models in one calendar year). I'm guessing anywhere from Jan-Apr '04 for Canada.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Damn, us Canadians always gets screwed. :)
If this car comes out before the end of this calendar year, I would seriously consider this car over the 6, as it would be cheaper and have more space.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

Yeah, but a 220hp Mazda3 would make a great Mazdaspeed ;) (as long as it doesn't get too heavy)[/b]
I think weight would be an issue though. Does anyone know how much weight the turbo and intercooler add to the current MS Protege? I'm guessing about 100 lbs. So you're saving 100 lbs. compared to the V6 (assuming the V6 adds 200). Also, achieving 220hp with the 2.3 liter should be pretty easy. Hell, it shouldn't be that hard with the 2.0 liter. If they use the 2.3 liter in the MazdaSpeed 6, perhaps they'll stick to the 2.0 for the MazdaSpeed 3.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Australia should be getting it a year later, about a year later when the 6 came out. I would like to get one of these as my first car later on in the year to be able to travel to University in the nxt year. :sarc

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

There will be a 1.4 (80hp); 1.6 (105hp); 2.0 (150hp) and 90 and 110hp diesels for EUROPE.

In Japan (and probably USA) also the 2.3 (166hp; from the Mazda6). Probably not for Europe, because Ford don't want a intern-competition

1 - 12 of 12 Posts