Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda3 sedan

Dammit, all I can see is a bad URL. Can you double-check the URL and the image.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now. Thanks for showing me the car that I'm gonna buy!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda3 sedan'

Looks decent from the back, but I gree with Matt.. the front could use some work.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Not bad! The first shot screams Jetta! at me. I'm thinking it's a photoshopped Jetta with an RX-8 chopped onto the back of it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I was actually going to add that it has an overal Passat feel to it - so your Jetta is right on! Especially in that first picture.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Let's play the comparison game. Image 1:

Image 2:

Separated at birth, or what?

·
Registered
157 Posts

Who thinks the hatch version looks better than the sedan? IMO I see some Honda Civic in it as well around the rear wheel arch perspective.

·
Registered
71 Posts

WOW, cool. I like how the rear looks, I think I want one. Wait, I know I will get my 6s in a few months and my wife loves her Protege5 so much, so what excuse do I have to get this one when it comes out. Hey, I can buy it for my 2 year old son, yeah, that's it .:D

·
Registered
254 Posts

Rightio guys

I've played around with this image. Notible changes are

- Headlights lowered a bit
- Deeper front bumper bar
- Whole car lowered a little bit
- Problem is it looks more like a 6 now!!
- This has been my best photoshop work yet!! :D

This is the car

Original Image

Do you like the changes??

Adam

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I like the current Protege more. This looks strange... Rear overhang is to short for a sedan (looks like a Astra/A3/Megane-type of car with a trunk lid). :-/

MrPrayner: Looks nice! Exept for the "cut lines" in the blue around the right light and the little "eyebrow" on the left one it's pretty hard to see that it's been alterd! Looks nicer as well, but it does not compare to a Protege.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Yes, I agree.

You must have your contrast way up on your monitor becasue I can't see the cut lines ;) I can see what you mean about the left light though, it was a little dodgy.

That car will never compete with the likes of the 94-98 Astina Hardtop pictured below. This car is a mate of mines, and he has just completed a Turbo conversion on it. The thing really flies now! It's great...

Very Nice!!

Adam

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Hmm never seen that red car before! Really nice!

Cut lines was a little bit wrong maybe. You have moved the lights, and some of the metal, so the light is a little different there. If you follow the sharp mid-line of the car (the one just about an inch under the side windows) you see where the line ends, thats where it looks a little odd :D

But it's so tiny that some didn't even notice :) I have a TFT, maybe i have a little more contrast .. But the thing looks good so don't think about it :)

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Mazda3 sedan

That looks like a Xedos6 without the spoiler. That was a kind of luxury line from Mazda. It existed besides the 626.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Yes we had that car here too, although it was badged the Eunos 500. We also had the 800 too, my favourite luxury limo in SP form! :D Very nice indeed.

That red car that I posted is the 94-98 Astina Hardtop. In Australia we had 3 versions of the 323 available during that period. That being the Protege [bottom of the line], then the sportier Astina's in Hatch and Hardtop.

Adam

1 - 20 of 43 Posts