1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
kind of looks more like a 6....the shape of the nose

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dear God, I hope they aren't really going to sell them with those rims!!! :barf:
[/b]

I like the way the car looks, seems a little too much like the 6 though. I do have to agree that those rims are pretty ugly compared to the simple 5 spokes that it wears now! :slap:

·
Administrator
8,395 Posts
I'm glad we put off buying my wife a new car until next year.

I like it. The 4-door with the Sport Appearance Pkg. looks as agressive as the 5-door does. The wheels aren't too bad, but they still look better (and probably MUCH easier to clean) than the 18" spiderwebs on the 6. Ofd course, I'll wait and pass judgement when they finally release a few U.S. spec 3 pics.

Here's hoping we get the 6-speed stick as well! :cheers:

Oh yeah, are we sure this will be an '07 model for the U.S. as well?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks pretty good... but I don't follow the 3 enough to know how subtle the changes are. Looks basically the same but a little more 'softer' in terms of edges.
[/b]
Here's the outgoing model (European spec):

·
Registered
129 Posts
obvious changes include:

different mazdaspeed6 style front and rear bumpers with "yawning" and smiling grill and more plastic on the rear bumper

wheels

somewhat different fog lights in the sedan version

subtle changes to lines on hood and front bumper

Anything else I don't notice?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
NICE.

definatly looks more aggressive. I think Mazda hit it square on with this design.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the new honey comb grille is more indicative of the Protege5 in the Mazda3 5 door. However the face lift on the 3 sedan adds to the sexy-ness of its lines. Good choice on the sedan bad choice on the 3 hatch!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep in mind these are the European models shown. The US models may or may not incorporate all the changes. We'll have to wait for the New York Auto Show to know for sure.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I definitely prefer the current 17's....but overall the car still looks great. Easily the best looking car in its segment.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Well, I like it. Even the rims, and I'm one picky sob when it comes to rims. They are different enough to standout, yet not wildly ugly.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Don't like em....Just change em.

I think it's a nice Car myself.....

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Saying chrome adds a quality feel is just a horrible joke!

Overall, I prefer the more integrated front end, though the snowflake wheels have got to go. Use the high-spoked wheels in the background 5-door instead. Much classier.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
26 Participants
Matt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing