Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the fujita intake installed with a catback exhaust and they have denied me warrany service. My car runs rich, probably fouled plugs, but they said with it running as rich as it does now, it probably will make the car foul the plugs again...what are your thoughts guys?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd try a different dealer for a second opinion.

that sucks BTW.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have the fujita intake installed with a catback exhaust and they have denied me warrany service. My car runs rich, probably fouled plugs, but they said with it running as rich as it does now, it probably will make the car foul the plugs again...what are your thoughts guys?
[/b]
listen i work for a mazda dealer. i hear what your saying. but by law they cant refuse your warranty. the intake does mess with a/f ratios, but that shouldnt be making it run rich. it would make it run lean due to the higher amount of air. i cant see your ecu compensating that much and adding that much fuel to foul out plugs.. legally as per magnusson-moss act( i beleive thats thge correct name) they cant deny you your warranty because you have intake and exhaust. that shouldnt effect the car enough to deny your warranty. its not a turbo swap we are talknig about.

i would advise taking it to another dealer or having an arguement(discussed nicely) with the service manager. explain to him that as a service manager he and his techs have to give you a legit reason and say that this problem is due to your modification. tell them you will put back on the stock intake. exhaust will absolutely not effect running rich unless your running open headers and no o2 sensors. it is there responsiblity to tell you how that voids that warranty. and even if they can diag the car and state that, thatsthe reason its doing that, you still have the rest of your warranty.

try calling other dealers and seeing if they have issues with working on speed cars that have very mild work done to them. i find that wrong.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You didn't really mention just what you thought they should warranty. What did you take it in for? All these cars run rich, I could clean the soot off of those chrome rings in the back every day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How far away is the next closest dealer?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mazda Tech line was the one that told them not to work on the car. They actually tried troubleshooting before calling them and found absolutely nothing wrong with anything other than plugs being fouled. So they are contacting the district representative and asking him what they should do. Tech line basically left it up to him. So I am at the mercy of the Atlanta Mazda representative. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think the sky is blue and my monitor is huge! But what "we" think has nothing to do with any of this or your problem.

Its very simple, take the vehicle in, if they "tested" it and couldn't find anything wrong other than your plugs going bad. Then thats that. If the vehicle was stock... new.. old.. doesn't matter, if they can't re-produce or find a problem, they won't work on it... Hard to work on a problem you can't find eh?

Anyway... If, there is a problem, you or they know what it is.. and THEY refused to work on the vehicle because of your "mods" have them put it in writing that they refused warranty service based on "x" you then tell them, you are taking the vehicle to get inspected at serveral other shops. If all those shops agree that your mobs have nothing to do with the problem. You then ask nicely for them to fix it under warranty or you will be forced to take legal action. bla bla bla...

Usually by the time you've had other shops look at it... and tell them you'll be taking legal action to have the warranty honored and legal fees covered... They'll give in.

Or, you could bend over... accept it... remove all the custom mods (which you hope are just bolt-ons)... and take it back in. The customer isn't always right anymore... however the customer.. if making a big enough stink will usually get his/her way still. You notice how those stupid stuck up bitches who cause a fit in line or when ordering food always seem to get "special" treatment... If being nice a polite isn't working... Let them know you're willing to force them to make good on the legal contracts you signed.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think the sky is blue and my monitor is huge! But what "we" think has nothing to do with any of this or your problem.

Its very simple, take the vehicle in, if they "tested" it and couldn't find anything wrong other than your plugs going bad. Then thats that. If the vehicle was stock... new.. old.. doesn't matter, if they can't re-produce or find a problem, they won't work on it... Hard to work on a problem you can't find eh?

Anyway... If, there is a problem, you or they know what it is.. and THEY refused to work on the vehicle because of your "mods" have them put it in writing that they refused warranty service based on "x" you then tell them, you are taking the vehicle to get inspected at serveral other shops. If all those shops agree that your mobs have nothing to do with the problem. You then ask nicely for them to fix it under warranty or you will be forced to take legal action. bla bla bla...

Usually by the time you've had other shops look at it... and tell them you'll be taking legal action to have the warranty honored and legal fees covered... They'll give in.

Or, you could bend over... accept it... remove all the custom mods (which you hope are just bolt-ons)... and take it back in. The customer isn't always right anymore... however the customer.. if making a big enough stink will usually get his/her way still. You notice how those stupid stuck up bitches who cause a fit in line or when ordering food always seem to get "special" treatment... If being nice a polite isn't working... Let them know you're willing to force them to make good on the legal contracts you signed.
[/b]

i couldnt have said it better myself. hopefully all works out for you.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the main reason I am fighting them on this, maybe it is JUST the plugs, but by winning this situation I won't have to worry down the road when or if something COMPLETELY unrelated breaks, i.e. the drivetrain problems some other members on here are having, they don't come back and say oh well your exhaust and intake broke your drive shaft, sorry can't fix it...cause that would be :bsflag:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well the main reason I am fighting them on this, maybe it is JUST the plugs, but by winning this situation I won't have to worry down the road when or if something COMPLETELY unrelated breaks, i.e. the drivetrain problems some other members on here are having, they don't come back and say oh well your exhaust and intake broke your drive shaft, sorry can't fix it...cause that would be :bsflag:
[/b]
Your signature shows that you have owned a lot of cars, you should be aware of the magnussen-moss act.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually this is my very first NEW car, so this is a new road for me trying to have things done by a dealer. I've always done all of the work on my cars myself, unless it was something major like an engine overhaul, even then I just get a couple friends together and we fix it...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
http://lemonlaw.bbb.org/

I'm not sure if there are any sites to "complain" or file a complaint directly related to warranty coverage issues...

However the above link can be used if your vehicle is held by the dealership for over 30 days... OR if the vehicle is returned for the same repair more than 4 times within .... some timeframe. They are required by law in most states to buy the vehicle back and possibly sell you a new one of equal value.

P.S. Holy shit on your vehicle list lol.... I've had... 3... granted i'm onl 22... er 23 now... but still... I guess it looks like you kept the mustang for a good few years? I hope the speed6 lasts you. Considering how much I paid for mine... I hope it friggin lasts me. And I hope the value on them stays up enough after a few years for when I do sell it.

Personally I expect to take a huge loss... i've invested around 3000 in custom stereo... another 1000 in engine mods... and more to come. On top of paying probably 4000 at LEAST too much for the car to begin with =(

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm only 26, but I've gone through a few cars myself, possibly I'm hexed when it comes to cars, but I have gained more and more knowledge by owning several different cars, so I guess its been good in other aspects...

thanks for the link, i'll check it out...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would think you want to bring this section to the attention of the dealer, they have to prove it, not just say it:

The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer, or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mazda Tech line was the one that told them not to work on the car. They actually tried troubleshooting before calling them and found absolutely nothing wrong with anything other than plugs being fouled. So they are contacting the district representative and asking him what they should do. Tech line basically left it up to him. So I am at the mercy of the Atlanta Mazda representative. What do you guys think?
[/b]

If it is as high as the rep. already it is soley up to him. You don't go any higher in the Mazda food chain. My service manager just bought a Ms6, he was talking to the rep. about having me make an exhaust for it. The rep. told him only if he didn't want his warranty. Needless to say I won't be making the exhaust.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bit the bullet and put the car completely back to stock in order the expedite this warranty service...They regional rep will be out til next week and I just can't wait that long...I am beyond pissed due to the cost and time and energy I have had to put into rectifying this situation...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts