Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the mazda website and it looks like the option configurations have changed to where you can get anything you want. I have already ordered, but don't have a vin number, the delivery date is set around mid june. does anyone know if it would be possible to change my order, without pushing the delivery date back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Replying to Topic 'mazda website'

I'm running into the same restrictions I was having before:

6I
MT
Black Cloth
-Sports Package
-Premium Package
-Bose

--- Can't get ABS.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: mazda website

i had checked earlier this week, there were no restrictions...must have been a tease, or an april fools joke...

·
Registered
736 Posts

Nope. They still have the stupid Bose audio package included with Side Curtain Air bags. I suppose I can live with it. If they don't end up letting me get the side air bags without the Bose package, I will have to have them take it out at the dealership and I'll resell it elsewhere. I wish Mazda's interior wasn't so hard to work with.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Please explain to me why side air bag curtains are so important for you. I've been thinking about getting these with the ABS, but I really don't know much about them. Have any studies been performed about their effectiveness? Do they protect you during a crash - or just if something happens that causes your car to roll?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by Underdog

Please explain to me why side air bag curtains are so important for you. I've been thinking about getting these with the ABS, but I really don't know much about them. Have any studies been performed about their effectiveness? Do they protect you during a crash - or just if something happens that causes your car to roll?[/b]
Well I was TBoned on the drivers door and my head nailed the B Pillar between the front and rear door [where the seat belt is mounted]. Almost killed me. Curtain Airbags would have saved me a month of coma and a month of rehab.

·
Registered
736 Posts

The above post says it all. Also, they protect you from incoming glass and other flying objects that may otherwise hit you in the face. I find them to be extremely important and I would never buy a new car without them. Its bad enough that I drive a car right now without ABS, traction control or any kind of air bag. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts

Thanks for the answers. I was thinking about leaving out the air bags to save some money, but since I plan to keep this car for a(long)while, I'll just fork up the extra money now. 'Now' being the time when Mazda will let me order the airbags + ABS without forcing enough options on me that it is out of my price range.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

On a semi-related note, do side airbags command more of an insurance discount? Since it provides another level of protection over front airbags alone, I would think it should. I'll call my insurance company and find out.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Originally posted by kyler13
            On a semi-related note, do side airbags command more of an insurance discount?  Since it provides another level of protection over front airbags alone, I would think it should.  I'll call my insurance company and find out.[/b]
Let me know.. I'd be interested as well. Anything to save on in$urance!!

·
Registered
56 Posts

I called my insurance company (USAA) today for a quote, and side air bags do NOT help with the premiums, oddly enough. Only the dual front airbags do. Also, with them ABS actually improves your insurance by a small amount.

For those who are curious, my quotes.

6I : $707
6S : $756

That is for 6 months. I'm 24, male, and have a clean record. It's pretty high, but then again I'm already paying about $500 every 6 months on a '95 Neon, so it isn't too much more.

·
Registered
262 Posts

I suppose those are high numbers if you live in VA, but here in Jersey I'd kill to pay $700+ for insurance. That's nothing compared to the $2000+ I pay every 6 months here.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

i got a quote for the 6s through state farm
on long island 1300 for 6 months
in buffalo 600 for 6 months
i am 22 with a slightly tainted record...5 pts, 1 accident, but they are both more than 2 years old...
the only discount they mentioned for drls...i didn't ask about the side airbags

·
Registered
736 Posts

Even so, I'd rather get them for my own protection. Insurance companies should be a tad bit nicer and give us a discount anyway. :) Right now, my insurance in NY is $2400 a year. I'm 18 and under parent's insurance. My 6 month quote from Progressive was about $2000, so I think I'll stay under mommy and daddy for now! ;) Also, that's for an '87! I couldn't imagine an '03.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts