Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Washu Concept.....'

Yes, she's err............Different !!:D

Possible replacement for the mazda MPV perhaps ???

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

The pictures with all the doors open show alot. The rear doors and rear hatch are unique (to my knowledge) in the way they open. The rear doors were influenced by the rear suicide doors of the RX8.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Applejax: I read that the rear doors were inspired by passenger jet doors; they pop up, then back, allowing for the roof opening. A very cool idea IMHO, and one that may end up on the next generation MPV (assuming it's not cost prohibitive).

The rear lift hatch plus tailgate combo is also very nice, but echos a few other concepts that utilize similar systems. Cargo utility and versatility seem to be very hot areas for exploration.

Obviously this particular concept is nowhere near production ready, but it does have some nice bits and might signal the direction the MPV is moving toward.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Well...as Kenoka said: it's no way near production...damn, those seats wouldn't survive any NCAP testing...:sarc

But it was rewarding to watch!:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Yeah, that's practical as all hell. The impression I got (what I read) about the doors was straight from Mazda's mouth at the NAIAS.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I'll tell ya; I'm not into minivans, and less into SUV's, but if that was on the market it's just too damn practical to not seriously consider.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Practical? Try load anything into that trunk when the backdoor opens like that!!:sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka
A very cool idea IMHO, and one that may end up on the next generation MPV (assuming it's not cost prohibitive).[/b]
Yeah. Sure. Try that with snow on top...:sarc :sarc :sarc

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Practical? Try load anything into that trunk when the backdoor opens like that!!:sarc[/b]
Please explain.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Where are you gonna put your feet? Your knees will rub against the metal and get dirty. And everytime your wife lifts the stroller into that car, you'll get another dent on the rear metal...

Soon, the rear of this car will look like something that's been used for target practicing by the local gun club.:sarc

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I see, so perhaps the rear tailgate should fold down 180 degrees? I wonder why they didn't just make the tailgate part of the lift hatch?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yeah. I wonder that too.

And I still wonder if those who invented those clever side doors never saw snow??:sarc

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Originally posted by NY Mazda6

Transformer you say. The question now - is it an Autobot or Decepticon? :D[/b]
Wouldn't it have to be an autobot by definition?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts