Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new here, has this been discussed? I did a search and I didn't see the topic.

I just found out in the last few days that Mazda's 4yr/50k bumper to bumper warranty is a thing of the past starting with the 2007 models. They are now going with the industry standard of a 3yr/36k b2b warranty. The powertrain warranty is now 5yr/60k miles as well. I find this saddening because I think Mazda has always offered a great product that's been underrated in the marketplace. Volkswagon aside, they were the last entry level automaker to offer a 4/50 b2b warranty. I'm glad I bought my MS6 when I did. At least the Mazda warranty went out with a bang on that one. ;)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
That sucks for 2007 mazdaspeeds because We still do not know the reliability of these turbo charged engines....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Being new here, has this been discussed? I did a search and I didn't see the topic.

I just found out in the last few days that Mazda's 4yr/50k bumper to bumper warranty is a thing of the past starting with the 2007 models. They are now going with the industry standard of a 3yr/36k b2b warranty. The powertrain warranty is now 5yr/60k miles as well. I find this saddening because I think Mazda has always offered a great product that's been underrated in the marketplace. Volkswagon aside, they were the last entry level automaker to offer a 4/50 b2b warranty. I'm glad I bought my MS6 when I did. At least the Mazda warranty went out with a bang on that one. ;)
[/b]
Yeah, it's been discussed. And it does suck. The warranty was one of the main reasons why I bought my MS6. I really think Mazda is making a mistake....

·
Registered
940 Posts

[/b]
I bought a 5yr / 100000 mile warranty because of the drivetrain destruction from the last mazda event with the 6 (and uncertainty of new engine) so I am not too bothered by it. Yes, I will easily put that many miles on (probably in 4 years though).

·
Registered
440 Posts
I bought a 5yr / 100000 mile warranty because of the drivetrain destruction from the last mazda event with the 6 (and uncertainty of new engine) so I am not too bothered by it. Yes, I will easily put that many miles on (probably in 4 years though).
[/b]
I got a 7/75k from my dealer for free. :D

·
Registered
940 Posts
I got a 7/75k from my dealer for free. :D
[/b]
The original dealer I was considering offered the oddest warranty - lifetime as long as all maintenance was done by them. It is a huge dealership (about 10 different brands all in one place (they have a whole street of dealerships), but that just sounded too good to be true and they pissed me off anyway.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That sucks for 2007 mazdaspeeds because We still do not know the reliability of these turbo charged engines....
[/b]
Since you get a longer power train warranty in 2007, it would seem like it sucks for the 2006s, as far as any concerns about the engine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The original dealer I was considering offered the oddest warranty - lifetime as long as all maintenance was done by them. It is a huge dealership (about 10 different brands all in one place (they have a whole street of dealerships), but that just sounded too good to be true and they pissed me off anyway.
[/b]
I've heard of that before, that's kinda common at the big dealerships actually. But yes...you HAVE TO let them do ALL maintenance.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've heard of that before, that's kinda common at the big dealerships actually. But yes...you HAVE TO let them do ALL maintenance.
[/b]
In other words you're paying for that extended warranty and they don't even use lube.

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts