Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I just joined this page recently since I bought a mazda 6 sport. I also started working as a technician at a mazda dealer last year. I am a senior certified tech and I'm more than happy to try and help anyone out if they have any questions or concerns. Feel free to msg me here and I'm glad to be a part of a group that hopefully enjoys their mazdas as much as i enjoy driving and working on them.

·
Super Moderator
17,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another New Englander!

Congrats on your purchase and new position! While I'm glad you'd be willing to help out by posting things up, I'll give you ample warning that I was hosting the workshop manual on here and got a "friendly" letter from Mazda corporate to stop doing so; so what you post is at your discretion. That being said, it was the entire, interactive manual with everything, not just a page here or there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum from another New Englander!

Congrats on your purchase and new position! While I'm glad you'd be willing to help out by posting things up, I'll give you ample warning that I was hosting the workshop manual on here and got a "friendly" letter from Mazda corporate to stop doing so; so what you post is at your discretion. That being said, it was the entire, interactive manual with everything, not just a page here or there.
I appreciate the warning and the welcome, and I assumed they would frown upon it but I'll try and keep it to explanations more so.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome. I imagine it's not easy to work as a dealership tech... what with Svce Mgr imposed needs to do things or not do things. Also, with set fractions-of-an-hour shop-time allotments to complete certain tasks. Also, I imagine no sooner do you learn work-arounds for a certain model - then a new one comes out... and you have a whole bunch more learning (sometimes costing you personally, out of your pocket) to do... Hard job it seems to me.

Again, welcome!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Welcome :coffee:

It's always good to have more brains to pick resources from. Especially for hard to find OEM parts and wiring diagrams.

I don't know why but early workshop manuals are so lacking in certain areas. Thousands of pages and something is always missing. .. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. I imagine it's not easy to work as a dealership tech... what with Svce Mgr imposed needs to do things or not do things. Also, with set fractions-of-an-hour shop-time allotments to complete certain tasks. Also, I imagine no sooner do you learn work-arounds for a certain model - then a new one comes out... and you have a whole bunch more learning (sometimes costing you personally, out of your pocket) to do... Hard job it seems to me.

Again, welcome!
Yea being a young kid in this trade you learn awfully quick and with so much going on things do get crazy but I try my best, luckily I don’t work flat rate so the fractional hours thing doesn’t really apply to me luckily. Honestly a good portion of the work is warranty stuff so flat rate is kind of obsolete for us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome :coffee:

It's always good to have more brains to pick resources from. Especially for hard to find OEM parts and wiring diagrams.

I don't know why but early workshop manuals are so lacking in certain areas. Thousands of pages and something is always missing. .. 🤷‍♂️
Glad to be here! Yea the dealer website isn’t the most friendly either but they’re constantly working on updates and stuff

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome aboard and glad you joined.

Hopefully you didn’t open a floodgate with the open offer.
He definitely did! I'll be the one to pass through the floodgate.
😀

Welcome! I hope you stay here for a very long time. And I hope you won't charge us for every answer you will give.
😀

1 - 14 of 14 Posts