Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from getting my Sport Shifter installed...It is SWEET...Thanks Tiffany!!! I'll post more after I drive it for a day or two but it did make me take the long way home so I could run through the gears a few times. It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Lovin it eh? It makes shifting that much more fun!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wow stop making me jeleous!! :D
I gotta wait till the weekend till the group install happens!!
I think we have a fender roll, short shifter install, air box mod, and clear corner install meet comming up this weekend!! :laugh:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=62881

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is this the mazdaspeed short thow you guys are refering to, cause im about to order mine now. Not really liking the TWM short throw anymore!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The MS short shifter is awesome and worth all the $$. Piar it up with some Redline tranny fluid and prepare to fall in love all over again!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have had the shifter in my wagon for nearly 2 years with the Redline MT-90, and that puppy is still shifting, slicker than owl shit!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the sport shifter/Mt-90 combo in my wagon as well, and I actually find that the shifter sometimes binds when going into 2nd and occasionally into first (when stopped). Is this just the nature of the 6 gearbox? I think it did this before the short shifter install as well, and I was kind of hoping that the MT90 would have smoothed this out a bit.

Overall I love the shifter throws though, it's a great feeling shifter, I'm just a bit concerned about the 'notchiness' of it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have the sport shifter/Mt-90 combo in my wagon as well, and I actually find that the shifter sometimes binds when going into 2nd and occasionally into first (when stopped). Is this just the nature of the 6 gearbox? I think it did this before the short shifter install as well, and I was kind of hoping that the MT90 would have smoothed this out a bit.

Overall I love the shifter throws though, it's a great feeling shifter, I'm just a bit concerned about the 'notchiness' of it.
[/b]
me too. but no doubt, I would not go back to stock.

·
Registered
436 Posts
me too. but no doubt, I would not go back to stock.
[/b]
nope, not a chance of that. ;)

I think it's just a sticky syncros.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yeah, can't wait until my MS shifter is installed. Planning on putting Redline in there too. Might pick some up today as we speak :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
do you need to refill the tranny fluid (if I already have MT90) after installing the short throw ??

·
Registered
498 Posts
do you need to refill the tranny fluid (if I already have MT90) after installing the short throw ??
[/b]
Nope. Installing the shifter is all done inside the car, and the shifter uses cables anyway. You're never actually touching the transmission, or getting even close to it, really. :)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have mine in just over a month and I love it. I still have to switch over to the MT90. I might just wait until spring. I have read that it can seem to thick in the colder weather. Anyone say other wise?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Well, having installed both the TWM and Mazdaspeed products (the TWM on my car and the MS on friends' cars) I can definitely vouch for the fact that the MS product is quite well-made indeed. A very solid and properly thought out product. The TWM product is also well-made, MS just goes that extra mile in niceness.

However, both the TWM and MS products are great. I love my TWM. I really like the short height and shortened throw. The MS STS feels really good too, but I did notice that it can feel a bit different depending on whose car its installed in.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have mine in just over a month and I love it. I still have to switch over to the MT90. I might just wait until spring. I have read that it can seem to thick in the colder weather. Anyone say other wise?
[/b]
It should be much better than stock. I have noticed that in the colder weather recently that it feels identical to when I ran it in the summer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts