Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a direct fit for the speed 6 into our 6s's. Its been bugging me all week, and i think it would be kinda cool to do an engine swap (IF I COULD FIND ONE IN A JUNKYARD THATs not destroyed) but for the most part its just for the purpose of me knowing if its possible. I would have to do a tranny swap and add a clutch too =( BOO for auto's.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
the cost of doing the swap will be far more than just trading in ur car for a mazdaspeed6

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Hero is correct.

It is not worth it. Trade yours in and get a brand new awd beast :)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I think he would be going for the sleeper factor.. but then why not just get in i4 and turbo it?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Or just trade in for the Mazdaspeed in black, and trade the bumpers and grill and whatnot with someone else. You will need to get a FMIC if you want to do all that so you can swap the hoods.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think it'd be interesting to see if anybody can manage to swap the Duratec 35 into a MazdaSpeed6 engine bay. Just need an adventurous soul with a blown 2.3T and some extra time and $$ after the crates become available.

Just imagine... a V6 engine that's been designed to fit that engine bay and be turbo-ready right out of the box.

V6 + AWD + Turbo.... mmmmmmmmmmm :D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i mean, if i got all of the parts free though.... basically what im saying is, how crazy would the price of an installation of a new engine be?

V6 + AWD + Turbo.... mmmmmmmmmmm < that wat im kinda getting at.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If this was a honda board it would have already been done. Also we would have had a supercharger or turbo kit already for our 6s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts