Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was notified that some of you might possibly be interested in attending this...it'd be wonderful for you all to show up! We're possibly going to do dinner or something after the meet. Or maybe just an ice cream run. :)

Please post in the thread I'm linking so I know who's attending and you'll be added to the list! Thanks y'all!

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=57222&st=0

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Weather is supposed to be beautiful for Saturday! Come on guys...it will be worth the trip up!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would be tempted on making the long drive, but I have to go to a Maryland Terps game that day.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's soo far away. do something closer!
[/b]
Haha, the meets I have hosted in the past had people come to Philly from Rhode Island, and North Carolina. I don't wanna hear it's far!!!! ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
not all of us can make that as a day trip =Þ
organize something in VA and I'll be there! Hampton Roads is the happening place btw ;) we even have a real beach!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sorry AlyssaC, i figured that there would be more interest. I thought there were people in northern maryland who might be more inclined to go to a Philly meet than a meet down here in Virginia. I'm sorry i won't be able to make it. I was pretty sure i would have this weekend open but with the 15th being next Friday, i'm stuck with work(I work for a Tax Accountant.)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's alright L Train, it's the thought that counts! Always better to advertise more, than not at all!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Y'all are going to miss out on the fun! Bike Night is the same night as the meet, and it's right down the road from where we're meeting. Shame none of you will make the trip up!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, we only had 5 people show up with Mazda6's. Then there was my friend Dave with his Audi TT, and my fiance with his Colorado. But, all in all, we had a lot of fun. Everyone was really cool. You guys should definitely come out to the next one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I traded a colorado zq8 for my 6... sweet truck but there were too many little things.

sorry the turn out wasn't bigger but glad you guys had a good time =)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I traded a colorado zq8 for my 6... sweet truck but there were too many little things.

sorry the turn out wasn't bigger but glad you guys had a good time =)
[/b]
Ahh thanks!

We did have fun. We were planning another one for this weekend...trying to make it a bi-weekly thing, but I caught a cold, and I have a wedding to go to Saturday. We'll invite you guys out for more. Maybe the next time you all have a meet, us PA folks can train down there. We'll ride the L Train. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll keep you updated. I want to see how everyone likes this location and keep looking for others. It'd be great to have somewhere to meet that has some nice winding roads to caravan a line of 6's down

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll keep you updated. I want to see how everyone likes this location and keep looking for others. It'd be great to have somewhere to meet that has some nice winding roads to caravan a line of 6's down
[/b]

Yeah, the only thing that sucks with caravaning...at least in my own personal experience...is getting stuck at traffic lights. Not everyone can always make it through them. This is why it's always best to have one lead car, that has a walkie talkie, with an end car, with the other walkie talkie so that way you can keep in touch to make sure the whole group stays together so no one gets lost. I usually end up being a lead car, and I pull over on the side of the road when people get stuck at lights, but you can't see when the end car has caught up. Plus, once you get on a highway, everyone goes berserk even though they don't know where we're going and they keep racing each other and passing the lead car. Then other cars follow them thinking they're supposed to be following that guy that's racing and everything just gets all jangled up. It's just not fair to others that try to stick together!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts