Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I don't care for these, and think they're a waste. These have me a bit intrigued however. From the Mazda Accessory site -
SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS

The weather outside should stay outside. Our sleek Side Window Deflectors help reduce wind noise and keep the elements out while you let fresh air in (set of 4).

Can anyone comment? I would get a set if it truly did cut down on wind noise. As I've mentioned before, it seems to me most of the wind noise comes around the upper part of the seal. If these truly keep as much wind from hitting that area (turbulent already) then it WOULD reduce the noise. Has anyone tried them? I'm almost willing to give it a shot....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought them thinking they would reduce wind noise but they hardly help. They're nice to have though when opening the windows since it help rid of the buffeting, which was my main purpose of buying them.

Not sure if it's a problem on all deflectors or just mine, but the ones that I got did seem a bit on the short side for the rear windows.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought them thinking they would reduce wind noise but they hardly help. They're nice to have though when opening the windows since it help rid of the buffeting, which was my main purpose of buying them.

Not sure if it's a problem on all deflectors or just mine, but the ones that I got did seem a bit on the short side for the rear windows.
I current have window visors on my G37 sedan and also had window visors on my M35. In both cases, visors (OEM/JDM) helped reduced the impact of wind noise in the cabin with the windows up. I don't think it did anything while windows were up. Again, wind noise went down significantly with the window down

My wife never opens her windows so these won't serve her any good. However, these are nicely designed. I only wish they were a bit cheaper. I bought both JDM visors for 180. Mazda 6 OEM visors are around $240+?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I current have window visors on my G37 sedan and also had window visors on my M35. In both cases, visors (OEM/JDM) helped reduced the impact of wind noise in the cabin with the windows up. I don't think it did anything while windows were up. Again, wind noise went down significantly with the window down

My wife never opens her windows so these won't serve her any good. However, these are nicely designed. I only wish they were a bit cheaper. I bought both JDM visors for 180. Mazda 6 OEM visors are around $240+?
I should learn not to type up this stuff when I'm at work :lol: Windows up = no noticeable difference. Windows down = less noise because smoother airflow = less wind buffeting.

Bought my visors from a dealership online for ~$224 IMO, it's okay for the price. Probably wait another couple months and you can get knock-offs for a lot cheaper. Also, it'll probably take you awhile to get use to the rear deflectors looking like they're made too short for the door. I'll get a picture up of what I mean by short when it's brighter outside. It bugged me for the longest time, but I had to suck it up and accept that there's nothing I can do about it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas. for those interested AVS makes a set WITHOUT the chrome strips and they run about $60. I'm thinking it's the same one as mazda OEM less the chrome at the top, because the complaints on amazon also list being short at the rear as a problem. I'll hold off for some aftermarket in-channels if I do it. They look amazing in the OEM pics and at first glance I thought they were in-channel! What a rip-off for peices of plastic and fake chrome strips.. -.- Even with some mazda gift certs - not worth it LOL.

Link to AVS covers for those interested that don't wanna spend 200++++++ lol - Amazon.com: Auto Ventshade 94287 Ventvisor Deflector - 4 Piece: Automotive

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think he is talking about how the rear shades fall just short of the door edge.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks! Those are the tape type correct? First picture I see with trim like min. I was worried about what it would look like with the tape on covering the silver trim.. Any way you can get me a further away picture? It's so hard to believe that the tape-ons look better than the in-channel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First pic that is all silver 6 have the tape on ventashades on. The second pic was with out the at all. I have tinted windows and black wrap on car. I didn't like the sections of silver showing that is why I removed them. I would recommend cover the trim prior to putting on ventashades. I don't have a better pic with them on sorry

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm surprised the lip on the vents can't go within the trim. The way the length it it looks like ti would be a perfect fit before the pillars.

·
Administrator
8,465 Posts
Pulling this from the dead... :)

Anyone installed a set of the Weathertech in-channel deflectors? From what I've seen, they look SOOO much nicer than the OEM or AV tape-on versions...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts