Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm a little distraught over it obviously. I apologize for taking it out on you. I understand what you're saying now. Apparently I am a moron because the Owner's Manual doesn't say to manually reset the light...LOL! Also, it doesn't say how anywhere that I can find either. I've initialized the TPMS several times and the warning will not go away. How do I reset the warning message? Thanks in advance and again, I apologize for my sassy mouth.
Cool, no worries, anyway, I have 2014 M6s, so once you have adjusted the pressure on all four tires to the desired / recommended pressure, you then turn the ignition switch on, and depress the TPMS button and keep it pressed until you hear two beeps and the light flashes once and disappears (turns off). I do think this is in the O.M. But I'm going by memory here. They also say to never reset the light without first having adjusted the air pressure properly, or else the TPMS may malfunction in the future, such as not reading a dangerous low/high pressure, or giving you false positive warnings.

I'm my opinion, they made this too complicated. I prefer how it was before, in some older Mazdas I've had (CX-7, CX-9, Tribute, Mazda6) where the light would automatically go off when the tire pressure in any given tire was adjusted properly.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
The older vehicles used direct sensors that had actual batteries in the rims. They went dead and forced you to dismount the tires to replace the sensors when there was nothing wrong with the tire.

Screw that nonsense. Indirect systems work fine provided they are programmed properly, and I refuse to let Mazda mess with my '15 since it works perfectly fine.

If I rotate the tires and forget to reset it (I DO run slightly different front to rear pressures) it will raise a stink, but that's what's supposed to do. I've yet to have it sound an alarm inappropriately in about a year of ownership.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TPMS recall causes problem

Took our 2014 Mazda6 in for an oil change on 12/28 and to have this sw update done and the dealership killed the ABS module in mine as well. They are blaming in on the sw update. They seem to also have killed the battery and now the power brake module. Needless to say I am not happy as the car was working fine when I took it in for an oil change and now we are replacing parts that showed no sign of any problem prior to the regularly scheduled maintenance. Pretty upset with this situation. UNEXCEPTABLE.
When the original TPMS recall came out, I took my car in. The service rep said they were having trouble with the fix for the recall blowing the ABS modules on some cars, and, if it did so on mine, they would have to wait a week to get a new module, but they would give me a loner car. Since I was going out of town on the weekend, I said forget it.
I haven't had them touch my TPMS system, but 4 times it has gone off when no tires were low. Really a pain when you are on the interstate.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have explicitly refused reflashing the TPMS on my '15, and warned the SA when they had the car the first and only time so far (to do the recall on the door trim end pieces) that if they flashed it I'd take them out back and bend them over the dumpster. They put big "ALL CAPS" notices on the work order not to touch any of the modules... :)

I've had zero trouble with my TPMS and want to keep it that way. It has gone off exactly once, and when it did it was for good cause (I had a tire that picked up a nail and it caught the problem before the pressure got low enough to be real trouble.)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had random trouble with my 15 sport when I had it. I had asked my dealership about it and they said it was a kind of vibration sensor. It would go off randomly on the highway from time to time but my pressures were fine

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took my 2014 Mazda 6 Sport in today for the door trim and parking brake recalls. The service rep said I also needed the TPMS software update done. I told her about the earlier problems with blowing up the module, and she basically said I didn't know what I was talking about, and they have never had any problems doing the update during the year she has been there. I told her what the service rep told me when I brought it in when the TPMS recall originally came out(before her time), and, again, she acted like I did not know what I was talking about.She said if I did not get it done, it would keep showing up on my record as "not done". I told her I did not care, just DO NOT TOUCH MY TPMS. They just did the other two recalls.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.