Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ditto

No biggie, I had mine done with my most recent oil change and tire rotation, I was at the dealer for an hour and a half total.
30K Check + Reprogram went smooth (1.5h), car got a clean bill of health (he's pampered...so he better be), updated oil change (Royal Purple Oil + Filter 4EVA!), however I need to buy NEW TIRES (Yaay)! Looks like it's time to pull the trigger on some 20s (more options...cheaper pricing)!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got mine done a little while ago, no fuss with the re-program.

Got told I needed an air filter, a cabin filter, and 4 new tires.

These tires look like they need to be changed to you? Also, I had already done the air filter and cabin filter.

Mazda customer relations got a call about that one, which followed by the dealership manager calling me to apologize and that it wouldn't happen again. I'm not holding my breath.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
They don't look that worn to me either. How many miles are on them? Did they give you a tread depth measurement? According to Tire Rack 2/32" = officially worn out.

It was kind of a rhetorical question - the tires are definitely not worn out. They have around 30K on them and I don't rotate that much so they were on the back. The fronts are getting close to needing to be replaced, but the backs (shown) are fine. They did not give me any tread depth measurements, they just came and claimed that I 'really need 4 new tires right away'.

I didn't discuss it with him, I just gave him a dismissive hand wave and told him to go get my car.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Just use the old, reliable Lincoln Penny tire thread depth test.

If any part of Abe's head is still covered, you still have more than 2/32" of tire thread depth remaining. If head shows (2/32" depth), then tires need to be replaced.

or

A Quarter Washington's head test = if head covered, more than 4/32" tire thread depth remaining

Flip over the Lincoln penny, the Lincoln Memorial test = if top is covered, more than 6/32" tire thread depth remaining

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=51

·
Registered
213 Posts
I should have known better than to take my 9 month old M6 to the dealer for anything, but I thought 'how could they screw up the TPMS recall'? I should have left it alone. In the last 3 weeks the alarm has gone off 5 times and every time the pressures have been within 1 lb. of each other. Waaaay too sensitive! Of course they also wanted to change oil, do safety checks and 'inspections', blaa, blaa.

No thanks. :mad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
No biggie, I had mine done with my most recent oil change and tire rotation, I was at the dealer for an hour and a half total.
Yeah, I did this on my visit:
-TPMS recall
-Oil change
-Re-attach remote start antenna mechanism that fell down in my glove box.
-Repair console storage lid (got out of wack)
-Car wash

Took 70 minutes. Very happy.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah, I did this on my visit:
-TPMS recall
-Oil change
-Re-attach remote start antenna mechanism that fell down in my glove box.
-Repair console storage lid (got out of wack)
-Car wash

Took 70 minutes. Very happy.
can you elaborate on the "-Repair console storage lid (got out of wack)"

what was wrong with it? mine has made awful creaking sounds since ilke 10k miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
can you elaborate on the "-Repair console storage lid (got out of wack)"

what was wrong with it? mine has made awful creaking sounds since ilke 10k miles.
Honestly, I have no idea what really happened. I don't think my lid ever made any noises, but I noticed that it wasn't closing unless it was lined up perfectly. When open, it would wobble left and right. I looked at the inner hinge with a flashlight and there was nothing attached to one of the sides. The dealer found the missing piece inside there and reattached it. Who knows if it'll stay.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That damn TPMS recall has been troublesome. Got my cars done in December 2014. Since then, on my GT, it has gone off about five times, the last three about every two or three days. So this Saturday I took it in again (third time since I received the recall letter). I told the service guy, wtf, this thing goes off every two days, whether the pressure is right or low (granted, one time all four tires were at about 24 psi, which tells me that maybe the effin mechanic was lazy the last time and just reset the button without checking the tire pressure, I can't prove it but c'mon, all four tires that low in a couple of days after having been set at proper psi and with no nails in them? Hmmm).

Anyway, they told me that since this is the third time they attempt to fix the issue, that a Mazda Field Engineer has to come out to do the fix and I had to leave my car there. They gave me a 2015 Mazda3 Touring, very basic. If I had been shopping for a new car, they would give me a fully loaded highest trim of whatever car I'd be interested in and for a whole weekend and no limits on mileage, but for a service recall under warranty "oh, an M3 is all we have available." Yeah right.

At any rate, the M3 seems to have a lot of pep. I have not read much about it but, is it the same engine and horsepower as the M6? It seems to take off much faster than the M6. I know it is smaller / lighter, but is the engine the same? I got it up to 43 mpg today. By the way, that radio setup on top of the dash sucks, I don't like how it looks. It looks like an aftermarket gadget, more like an afterthought, and since it doesn't hide away, I think thieves would be looking to break into the car to steal what appears to be an aftermarket gadget of some sort. Do not like that at all, looks out place. The design department must have been like "oh shit, we forgot to add space for the radio in-dash, let's place this thing on top and glue it!" crazy, but the M3 moves nicely.

Just digressing...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That damn TPMS recall has been troublesome. Got my cars done in December 2014. Since then, on my GT, it has gone off about five times, the last three about every two or three days. So this Saturday I took it in again (third time since I received the recall letter). I told the service guy, wtf, this thing goes off every two days, whether the pressure is right or low (granted, one time all four tires were at about 24 psi, which tells me that maybe the effin mechanic was lazy the last time and just reset the button without checking the tire pressure, I can't prove it but c'mon, all four tires that low in a couple of days after having been set at proper psi and with no nails in them? Hmmm).

Anyway, they told me that since this is the third time they attempt to fix the issue, that a Mazda Field Engineer has to come out to do the fix and I had to leave my car there. They gave me a 2015 Mazda3 Touring, very basic. If I had been shopping for a new car, they would give me a fully loaded highest trim of whatever car I'd be interested in and for a whole weekend and no limits on mileage, but for a service recall under warranty "oh, an M3 is all we have available." Yeah right.

At any rate, the M3 seems to have a lot of pep. I have not read much about it but, is it the same engine and horsepower as the M6? It seems to take off much faster than the M6. I know it is smaller / lighter, but is the engine the same? I got it up to 43 mpg today. By the way, that radio setup on top of the dash sucks, I don't like how it looks. It looks like an aftermarket gadget, more like an afterthought, and since it doesn't hide away, I think thieves would be looking to break into the car to steal what appears to be an aftermarket gadget of some sort. Do not like that at all, looks out place. The design department must have been like "oh shit, we forgot to add space for the radio in-dash, let's place this thing on top and glue it!" crazy, but the M3 moves nicely.

Just digressing...
Hey there again!

The M3 has two engine trims, a lower base engine and then the same engine in the 6. Which radio did the car have, a black and white LCD or a full color display? That may point to which engine the car had :)

Staying on topic, your issues are scaring me...while my TPMS doesn't seem to work at all (haven't done the recall yet), I'm not sure whether I'd prefer it to stay off and be defective, or recall serviced and bother me, lol.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey there again!

The M3 has two engine trims, a lower base engine and then the same engine in the 6. Which radio did the car have, a black and white LCD or a full color display? That may point to which engine the car had :)

Staying on topic, your issues are scaring me...while my TPMS doesn't seem to work at all (haven't done the recall yet), I'm not sure whether I'd prefer it to stay off and be defective, or recall serviced and bother me, lol.
Hey Dans! The M3 had a black and white LCD radio. It looked cheap.

Regarding the TPMS, yeah, I was debating if to have the TPMS recalls done or not since I had heard others complain of issues. Anyway, the dealer told me that not getting the TPMS recall done could affect warranties plus take liabilities away from Mazda for not complying with a recognized and officially communicated safety hazard.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No issues so far

I had this recall done just this week and no issues thus far...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Spoke to soon

I had this recall done just this week and no issues thus far...
Well I think I spoke to soon. I started the car this morning and I had the TPMS warning lit up on the display. Took it and put air in the tires to correct pressure, initialized the system, drove plenty for it to reset but still have the warning. Looks like I'll be taking it back in....ARRGGGHHH!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well I think I spoke to soon. I started the car this morning and I had the TPMS warning lit up on the display. Took it and put air in the tires to correct pressure, initialized the system, drove plenty for it to reset but still have the warning. Looks like I'll be taking it back in....ARRGGGHHH!!
Did you not reset the light from the button after you filled the tires to the appropriate psi? I don't think the light is supposed to go off by itself...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you not reset the light from the button after you filled the tires to the appropriate psi? I don't think the light is supposed to go off by itself...
Yes! I'm not a moron and I know how to read the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes! I'm not a moron and I know how to read the Owner's Manual.
Okay, sorry for trying to help then. I never stated that you were a moron or that you don't know how to read the Owner's Manual, I simply asked because many people don't realize that the light doesn't reset itself with added air pressure, and many also don't read the O.M. Geez, chillax. Over and out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Okay, sorry for trying to help then. I never stated that you were a moron or that you don't know how to read the Owner's Manual, I simply asked because many people don't realize that the light doesn't reset itself with added air pressure, and many also don't read the O.M. Geez, chillax. Over and out.
I'm a little distraught over it obviously. I apologize for taking it out on you. I understand what you're saying now. Apparently I am a moron because the Owner's Manual doesn't say to manually reset the light...LOL! Also, it doesn't say how anywhere that I can find either. I've initialized the TPMS several times and the warning will not go away. How do I reset the warning message? Thanks in advance and again, I apologize for my sassy mouth.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.