Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randy Pobst, in the M6, flat out drove Peter in the Acura!
It was a GREAT fight and RACE. Well, except for the start :irate:
One of the nicest moves Randy made was when Peter was on his tail. They came down the starting grid straight , traveling behind a slower BMW(just about to lap this Bmerrrr). Well Randy sat there, just a little off the the right of center and Peter stayed in both's draft. At the last chance Randy had to pull out and around of the BMW, he did AT the end of the straight. This got Peter C. stuck behind the BMW for the next chicane!!! and off drives Randy, putting over 8 car lengths between them :drive:

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
...long beach?

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
yeah, the start was less that awesome, but damn fun to watch. felt really bad for the SRT, but what can you do.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not to be so picky, the race was in St. Petersburg, Fla., not Long Beach, Ca. Mazda Motorsport has a nice write up on the race and current standings. The 3 rotor RX-8 reportedly almost won in it's race! against Porsche GT3s. Go Mazda!! Zoom-zoom!

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
that's why i was questioning it. Long Beach is next for the GT cars, and it's setup all over the place here to promote the weekend races.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Yeah, the start was a mess, it was caused by one of the Acura boys, Eric Curran I think got between ALtenburg and Espenlaub, then Espenlaub got tapped from behind and then he and Curran pushed Altenberg into the wall.

I am sure that Altenburg would have been in the top five if it wasn't for the start. I think Mazda will win the manufacturers title, not bad for a car that is starting its 2nd full year in the series! They've come a long way and have been extremely competitive!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's why i was questioning it. Long Beach is next for the GT cars, and it's setup all over the place here to promote the weekend races.
[/b]
Guess I should have stated Long Beach and started another sentence..SRY.
Long Beach was warm b-cuz I had a flight in and out for Business and dressed for rain, not warmth and saw the prelim planning for the GT event. MY BAD for not clarifieing. I am lucky to even be concious with the time change a 2 hr difference and then 4hrs sleep max every night since Saturday. :zzz:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Weird how that SRT went into Reverse and slammed into the wall. OUCH!
[/b]
Hmmm?? I thought that silver streak was BMerrrerererr.
When he got hit in the front and side, I think, with the driver also having a hand on the shifter trying to
get a gear for control, it was jammed into reverse. Off pops his foot from the clutch and Voila`!
Not that I have ever done something close during track testing. :( Definately not in a group of others

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Hmmm?? I thought that silver streak was BMerrrerererr.
When he got hit in the front and side, I think, with the driver also having a hand on the shifter trying to
get a gear for control, it was jammed into reverse. Off pops his foot from the clutch and Voila`!
Not that I have ever done something close during track testing. :( Definately not in a group of others
[/b]
No that was Hugh Stewart's car, here is what he said to someone on the SCCA boards about the accident.

spoke to Hugh, shortly after the accident, he says he lost his brakes after the first impact, and was along for a ride, it sure shot across the track fast, he says no stuck gear or throttle

Look ma! No Brakes! The have sequential transmissions, he would have had to pull up on a lever to get the car into reverse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
randyz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing