Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was looking at the concept 6 from Mazda:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?fi...mv&num=1481

Well i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of suspension the car has and if it's similar to my V6 Mazda? i noticed a decrease in fender gap with the 18' rims in place. I have 18' rims on my car and the fender is MUCH wider than that..so i'm wondering if i should hold off on buying the Eibach springs and maybe purchase the MAZDASPEED springs if they become available...that is if that is the only difference between our 6 and the MPS6.

Thanks
Elmer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda Performance Series (MPS)

That car has little in common with a production 6.

First, it is AWD.

Second, the wheel arches have extensions (flairs).

Third, I doubt it will ever see the US shores.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Performance Series (MPS)'

Originally posted by LBJay

That car has little in common with a production 6.  

First, it is AWD.  

Second, the wheel arches have extensions (flairs).  

Third, I doubt it will ever see the US shores.[/b]
Why do you doubt it will ever be sold in the US?

·
Registered
541 Posts

Because alot really great cars never make it here. Or they get watered down if they do.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Damm!!! TOO MANY DAMM REGULATIONS!!! why can't the US gov't just EASE up a bit!!! I feel like we get the left overs from the production line!!! :-(

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

It has as much to do with our legal system as it does with goverment regs.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Just an update. This car has already been cleared with ULEV rating. Like the Mazda 6 expect it about 1 year after it is available in Europe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hey Dusk,
How did you find this out?? So r u telling us that the MPS 6 WILL BE available in the US?? Man i must be dreaming (HOPE NOT)..please verify..cuz if so..i'm trading my car in ASAP when and if the MPS6 does arrive @ our shores!!! :D

Elmer

Originally posted by dusk

Just an update.  This car has already been cleared with ULEV rating.  Like the Mazda 6 expect it about 1 year after it is available in Europe.  [/b]

·
Registered
39 Posts

How many different web sites would you like me to quote on ULEV?

·
Registered
39 Posts

First off, the obvious. It's ULEV certified. They made sure the car met that along with the strict European emission standards. Ultimately that is where the problems come from in "importing" a model from overseas. Mazda will have no problems bringing this car to the USA.

The Mazdaspeed Protege (MSP) was designed to kick off the Mazdaspeed program(poorly I might add) and has some distinct positives that will help the case of the MPS. The MSP is turbo charged with a LSD. THE MSP is also ULEV. The MPS has these Mazdaspeed type features. The addition of AWD, dynamic stability control and the refined interior is to throw it somewhere in between a WRX and an Audi S4 in price and in performance. It is almost completely European however, being German designed, and avoids the icky ricer image of an EVO and STI. I think given the fact that it will have similar features performance-wise as EVO/STI we should see it come in close to 30K, 33K on the top end. Subaru notoriously over prices their cars on the MSRP side which is why you can already get a 2004 WRX below invoice. The reason the MS Pro is so overpriced seemingly everywhere is because all the Mazdaspeed dealers had to pay 12K to get that distinction. We should see the MPS(Probably with a Mazdaspeed distinction) go for 30-33K also given the top end RX-8, which it will outperform with more torque, that lands loaded at about 31K right now.

The most important argument here is how the car fits into the fleet. Mazda has already dedicated itself to producing Mazdaspeed vehicles, that are performance leaders in their classes. Expect to see a sooped Mazdaspeed RX-8. You will already see it on the Japanese pages. The Mazda6 however does not have a performance pushing design coming out of Japan as you would expect if they were going to design a Mazdaspeed 6. The A-spec is a bodykit and exhaust period. That seems to be something totally Japanese and it is already available in pieces for order.

Read the American web sites. Even they think this car is coming.
http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/arti...96/page014.html
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...pts/print.phtml

With all this stuff adding up, I think we'll see the MPS as a Mazdaspeed 6 in Fall 2004 as a 2005 Mazdaspeed 6. The MPS should land as a 2004 model in Europe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

OK..cool...now do you know about how mucht a dealership might give for my maza6 next fall..i'm assuming i'll have less than 15k on it..in great condition..i know i'm way ahead here..but i'm just wondering! :D

Elmer

·
Registered
39 Posts

Originally posted by eduartejr

OK..cool...now do you know about how mucht a dealership might give for my maza6 next fall..i'm assuming i'll have less than 15k on it..in great condition..i know i'm way ahead here..but i'm just wondering! :D

Elmer[/b]
Course that depends on which model you have. The Mazda 6S with 5sp and Sport Package along with say a Honda Accord Coupe 6spd will probably hold their value for a while, IF the manufacturers do not bump up 2004 production of those iterations. If you have a plain i4 Manual then you will get a little less than 15. It depends and I'm not an expert. Just look at a similar Honda Accord's depreciation and guess that the 6 will probably depreciate a little bit more, but not a ton. Look forward to more MPS discussions and info in the future.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Mazda Performance Series (MPS)

I have a V6...well i guess i'll just have to wait and see.. ;-)

Elmer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts