Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick glance, but I did not see this mentioned anywhere. I got an email from Rosenthal Mazda today about the newly available iPod Integration Module. Does anyone have any info on this? Specifically I'm wondering if it will show artist and song titles on the radio LCD display.

iPod Integration Module

Sorry if there is already another thread about this and I did not see it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
fits 2005-2007 Mazda6 & Mazdaspeed6 only

·
Registered
59 Posts
It will NOT show artist and song titles on the radio LCD display.

I did a quick glance, but I did not see this mentioned anywhere. I got an email from Rosenthal Mazda today about the newly available iPod Integration Module. Does anyone have any info on this? Specifically I'm wondering if it will show artist and song titles on the radio LCD display.

iPod Integration Module

Sorry if there is already another thread about this and I did not see it.
[/b]

·
Registered
195 Posts
It will NOT show artist and song titles on the radio LCD display.
[/b]
audio link doesn't either? is there one that does?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately Mazda factory systems do not have this capability. To my knowledge this feature can only be displayed on selected radios in BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Lexus. Mini, Pontiac, Scion, Toyota

:( My 2004 Honda Accord V6 also lacks this ability. Steering wheel controls are a nice feature though.

Connect your iPod to the vehicle’s factory entertainment system and hear what an iPod should sound like in your car. CD quality sound and controls from your radio, steering wheel or the iPod. Always keeps your iPod charged and ready to go. Radios supporting CD-text will also display text from your iPod allowing you to view song title and artist name right on your radio’s display.

audio link doesn't either? is there one that does?
[/b]

·
Registered
457 Posts
http://www.therpmstore.com has had that for a little while now, as well as what is further down in this post:

Or, you can get the usb mp3 module and hook up a 4 gb flash drive as I did. Cleaner as far as converting the audio goes (I have tried both the flash drive and a SanDisk Sansa 6 gb hooked up via audio cable to it) and the flash drive sounds better. Audio Link does a good mp3 conversion job and keeps steering wheel controls.

But yes, being able to navigate from the Ipod might be better... navigation on the Sansa was easier, for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, if the OEM one doesn't have the track listing feature either, i see 0 reason to pay more for the OEM (here in canada it's 199$ CDN, which converted into US is 176.362 USD <_< ) when i can get the Audiolink from therpmstore on group buy for 119US.

Bah, dissapointing, but at least i can go ahead an order it with a clear conscience. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agreed, the only reason to get the OEM unit is that it would covered under the Mazda warranty. This only applies if the unit is installed by a Mazda dealer though. :nono:

well, if the OEM one doesn't have the track listing feature either, i see 0 reason to pay more for the OEM (here in canada it's 199$ CDN, which converted into US is 176.362 USD <_< ) when i can get the Audiolink from therpmstore on group buy for 119US.

Bah, dissapointing, but at least i can go ahead an order it with a clear conscience. Thanks for the info.
[/b]

·
Registered
829 Posts
interesting, seeing how there weren't any changes from 2003-2005 (right?!), wonder why it only works for 2005 and up.

Well, 2004 had the weird thing where you had to solder the pins for the auxmod (or audio link?) to work, but still.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
interesting, seeing how there weren't any changes from 2003-2005 (right?!), wonder why it only works for 2005 and up.

Well, 2004 had the weird thing where you had to solder the pins for the auxmod (or audio link?) to work, but still.
[/b]
The 2005 radios are the first ones to support satellite radio. This is the connection on the radio that this module uses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone had this module installed by a dealer? How much time did they charge to install?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just went with the RPM store Ipod module. it works great, no problems with it, sound quality is excellent, and the price is way cheaper. Plus it is an easy install. Warranty is nice but I am not paying that much more for something that doesn't do anything extra.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been using mine for over a week now. Very pleased with it. As soon as the Auxmod Advanced is available though, this thing is getting kicked outta my 6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had my RPM module installed. Everything went great.
Bought a bracket kit from Future Shop made by Bracketron - their Satelite Radio Dash Mount Holder. Have a look at the picture to see the final installation.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts