Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone...what's up?
i must say, im thrilled to have stumbled onto this site. ive been obsessing for days...here;s my quick background story.
i was in a 95 explorer up until about 6 weeks ago...the ford was nickle and diming me to poverty, so i dumped it. i was able to get a teeny trade in amount, and walked away with a 1997 SHO...i know i know...ford to ford...bad idea (especially since the SHO had 99k on it...but it was a deal). so...that car was fun to drive. 235HP V8...all the toys...blah blah. things started going wrong the day i drove it off. in the 6 weeks i owned it, it was in the shop 4 times; a MAJOR rear brake complete rebuild, coils, and something else that escapes me...
well, the engine light went on again last week. color me pissed off. so i went back to the dealer (my wife works there), and explained to them the situation. they were willing to work with me. so i was deciding between 2 cars. a 2001 acura 3.2TL, and a 2000 lexus ES300. both were decent cars, and after driving both, i was ready to sign away on the lexus. the day i as meant to go do the deal, the guy called. they just got in a 2005 mazda6 with 23,000 on it. they could do it for the same $ as the lexus (which had 80,000 on it).

so long story short (is it too late for that?) i decided on the 6.

it's a fairly basic 6i with upgrades of the 17" alloys, and i believe, the front and rear side bags.

i drove it lastnight, and it seems like a great car to help me conquer my 50mile eachway commute, and $300+ gas bill.

i should take delivery either tomorrow or thursday...(i know how these things go, so im thinking more like saturday) lol...

sorry for the discertation...i tend to ramble.

anyway...
this is a great site, and ive really benn enjoying trolling around reading up on my soon-to-be-obsession.

anything i need to know about these cars?

stoked to be a member,
Fusion

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the club Fusion.

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and almost every question has been answered, so be sure to take advantage of the search function :thumbup: . Sounds like you made the right choice getting the 6i, given all the miles you drive. As far as advice, beware the people on this board. They are contageous and you will get the modding bug ;)

And we need pictures!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I agree with everyone above me. This place is great for information.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcomes, and ill post pics as soon as i take delivery...

im concerned...what do i need for 4grand to make this car fun?...lol...
believe me, if i had 4 grand to dump into it, i would...maybe a turbo, and some CAI, exhaust, and kit?...

btw...critical....sick ride.....sick.
already lookin for the caliper paint...lol...

-fusion-

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You don't need 4 grand to make it a fun car.....

AEM CAI or CP-E $250 - $500

The Racing beat package - $400

maybe change wheels and tires

and it's already a Fun car

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Welcome to the 6Club. :wavey:

Please put your location in your profile, so we know where you're coming from.

Excellent choice on the 6. You'll now start spending $$$ on a CAI, exhaust, body kits, etc. without really knowing why. It'll just happen. :nana:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Congrats on the Purchase!

I bought the 06 6i about 6wks ago, and it's AWESOME!

You will love cruising in it!

Oh ya, what color is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ya, what color is it?
[/b]
lapis blue...

i cant wait to pick it up, drive it home, and sit in it for hours, obsessing.

i know i'll use the search feature to find out how, but my first thing to get done is having an auxiliary output put in. i've been without my MP3 player in the car for 6 weeks, and been running sirius thru FM...which sucks.

looking forward to picking up.

-fusion-

·
Registered
947 Posts
lapis blue...

i cant wait to pick it up, drive it home, and sit in it for hours, obsessing.

i know i'll use the search feature to find out how, but my first thing to get done is having an auxiliary output put in. i've been without my MP3 player in the car for 6 weeks, and been running sirius thru FM...which sucks.

looking forward to picking up.

-fusion-
[/b]
HELL YEAH! Another Lapis 6 !! :cheers: :drive:

Ya I need to get my Ipod wired in... I have been using the FM trasmitter for about a yr and it worked fine for the most part, but for some reason w/ the 6, it's hard to get a clean signal.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Be prepared to be sucked up into the world of modding...its thrilling, and oh SO FUN.

Welcome to the club!

You'll find yourself...like many of us spending waaaaay too much time on here reading andlearning about different things

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
To expedite the assimilation, you must come to the New England area meet on May 27th. :yesnod:

Check out the regional forum for more info and welcome to the club!

BTW, how many pedals? ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that meet is in hopkinton right?....perhaps a drive would do me some good...of course im still waiting to take delivery on her.

2 pedals...lol...i know i know...i figured the sportronic might help keep it interactive. im in traffic waaaaay to much to enjoy mtx. my explorer was mtx, and it was frustrating. open roads are great for it, but im going from NH to Boston everyday...3 south to 128 south...nothing but a parking lot. ugh.

thanks for the welcomes again!

-fusion-

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
congratufreakinlations.

i'm also a n00b, even tho i've had my whip for 9 months.....

welcome to the family.

yeah yeah. peace.

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
still waiting to finalize this goddam transaction...dealership is sleeping...lame...all i wanna do is get into this fricken thing...lol...argh.

-fusion-

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Congrats on the 6i. I remember when my 6i was stock. :) The modding community is addicting. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
14 Participants
maddog20/20
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing