1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Where's the flux capacitor?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the look, but unless it flies i wont buy it.
--Shadd

·
Registered
344 Posts
Cars and jet aircraft are two separate things. Call me traditional, but I'm not that big of a fan of radically-styled automobiles. I prefer the subtle changes over time that help consumers adjust to changing times and not some hideously-designed rocket ship rolling on street radials. It's much too early for this, Mazda.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Cars and jet aircraft are two separate things. Call me traditional, but I'm not that big of a fan of radically-styled automobiles. I prefer the subtle changes over time that help consumers adjust to changing times and not some hideously-designed rocket ship rolling on street radials. It's much too early for this, Mazda.
[/b]
It's not supposed to be a concept of a car, it's a "concept of a concept". Literally. That's what they call it.

It's just an exaggeration of a design philosophy meant to showcase certain elements that Mazda has for future cars. No car is going to look even remotely like that. But as early as 2008 cars will arrive that draw cues from it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Concept cars piss me off.

Sure I like it, but you wont ever see the car driving down the road. Almost no concept car actually makes it to the road in the form you see it first. I remember years ago Dodge made this bad ass concept, that had like 4 doors that swung up and basically was a early version of their cab forward design. It was a great looking car, and family friendly, but it never really happend. Sure bits of it made it into some cars im sure like a breeze or intrepid, but... thats it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I am a fan of the sytling in the lights, and in the interior.

Looks kinda sweet.

The Chevy SS roadster was a concept that is now production.....some do make it to the market place.

That said.....if I could buy this concept at the show...not sure i would spend that much money...it is still after all a mazda. I'd liek to get soemthing a little more "exotic" for that price tag.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Looks like Mazda's Senku Concept....

·
Registered
329 Posts
It looks... ok. It certainly an interesting design but the functionality is nowhere to be seen. I realize concept cars are supposed to be all flash but it looks more like a bonneville flats racer than a 2 door sedan.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
.......ugh I just lost my lunch :barf:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Someone over on the rx8 club posted a comment that went something like this:

"I thought this concept couldn't be as ugly as the last..........but damn, this thing has a beak!"

LOL.

Anyway it's not that bad but it looks like something that should hover instead of roll.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Concept cars are a complete waste of time, money, and resources. I can't say design talent, as they suffer from a complete lack of that. I can't remember seeing any that display anything I want to see.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lol, I would really hope that we would see masses of futuristic cars everywhere, but i doubt it will happen. We cant seem to find an affordable way to bend sheetmetal...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts