Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am also a member on the miata.net forums and someone there posted that their dealership had reported to them that the release of the Mazda6 in North America has been pushed back to January 2.

Here is the post from that forum, I hope there is not a problem with me copying what was said....

Just spoke with my dealer today and he reiterated the rumours that I've heard. For North America, production of the Mazda 6 sedan will not start until January 2 (purposely delayed 45 days); thereby allowing Mazda to produce the first 2004 model year car for the North American marketplace. Sales should start in February, as they're all coming from Flat Rock, MI by train as opposed to Japan by boat.

The RX-8 will also be a 2004 model. The Masdaspeed Protege, for Canada at least, is a 2003 car, but the VIN is a 2002...all 250 of them are still sitting in Richmond, BC awaiting their turbo installs.

If you want to see pics of the Mazda 6, Mazdaspeed Protege, and other Mazdas that I took at the Monterey Historic Automobile Races, click on the three links below.

http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=11116

http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=11850

http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=11848

Richard

And here is the link: http://www.miataforum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...c;f=11;t=007863

Anyone else heard anything like this? I suppose it can make sense, since releasing a 2003 car so late is kinda silly. But DAMN, can they push it back any farther? Hell, wasn't the car originally supposed to be here already? I'm getting sick of this crap.

Sorry, I'm a little upset ;)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda NA production pushed back?'

What can I say...sorry, people!!!!

I'm glad that I will have my 6 within six weeks... (Not that I'm trying to rub it in or anything...:D ) (Ooops, where did that smiley come from?)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

I'm glad that I will have my 6 within six weeks... (Not that I'm trying to rub it in or anything...:D )  (Ooops, where did that smiley come from?)[/b]
You're an evil man! ;)

·
Registered
837 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I can not wait another day. Damn you! Damn you all who has the 6 already or soon to have it.

I curse all those that will enjoy their 6 before me.

:p :p :p :( :(

Shoot I guess I have to live my fantasy through you guys while I sit and wait for my 6. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts

How amazingly stupid, if that's the real reason. I'd think there would have to be a better reason than that.

And is there a law saying you can't release a 2004 in November 2002? Then they'd be guaranteed "first." :)

Well, hopefully they'll take the extra time and ramp up both lines, so we can get the 5-door in the USA right away.

Any word on the all-wheel drive version? Is that coming in 2003?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

Originally posted by Steve 6er

I'm glad that I will have my 6 within six weeks... (Not that I'm trying to rub it in or anything...:D )  (Ooops, where did that smiley come from?)[/b]
You're an evil man! ;) [/b][/quote]

No, I'm quite nice, and humble. Things like that come easy to a man who is soon to become an owner of a...that's right...Mazda6...:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Well, looks like Mazda is about to lose a customer. :(

The wife and family won't be able to wait until February. Looks like I should introduce myself to a Passat or an Accord.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

applejax,
Before you go running off, can you at least wait until there is an official date? This is speculation.

Heres to hoping still for December ...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

applejax,
Before you go running off, can you at least wait until there is an official date?  This is speculation.

Heres to hoping still for December ...[/b]
Of course I'm going to wait, but I can only change our timeframe so much.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Mazda USA's website still says "coming this december"...

Passat is a good vehicle, and if you HAVE to settle, then choose that. But I think you will agree with me when you see the 6 that it was worth waiting for!

·
Registered
211 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Oh...well...i can wait...beats the new PIECE OF CRAP accord n e ways...

Ive been waiting for 4 months...whats another 4...:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts