Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I always thought a Hardtop Miata/MX-5 would look good, and i was right, saw a pic somewhere on here of a custome hardtop one somewhere...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I was informed that it is to be a 3-piece hard top and will take up no more room than the current soft top. It will be a $2K option, and will be available for the 2007 MX-5

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I was informed that it is to be a 3-piece hard top and will take up no more room than the current soft top. It will be a $2K option, and will be available for the 2007 MX-5
[/b]
I'm impressed by the packing in that case, but I really don't see much of a point to it. The weather and noise sealing of the soft top is excellent.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
but a lot of people will look only for hard top convertibles these days. My grandma chose the lexus sc430 over the Mercedes C class convertible because of the hard top. Plus, the hard top will allow for increased rigidity when the top is closed

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I can anecdotedly confirm the same as DaBears. 2 women I know will only go for hardtops.

Any more pics?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Have they told you why? Are they providing good logical reasons?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I really like that it looks so much better than the current hardtop you have to put on and take off.... Like a mini me to the Rx-8 too bt awesome

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Have they told you why? Are they providing good logical reasons? [/b]
They don't care that the soft top is just as good. They just see hard-top and are instantly enthralled
[/b]

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
You know... my mind is going more and more into the gutter as this conversation progresses.

I wonder if that has something to do with it!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
29 Participants
Mz6GreyGhost
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing