Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know, I wrote a letter directly to Mazda Corp's president asking him about the Mazda MPS. He said currently there are no plans to produce the concept model but that they are closely watching Mazda 6 sales. I also sent him, the VP, and the chairrman of the board a letter that included the links to this site as well as 3 other good Mazda 6 sites, and I told them they should listen to what the consumers are requesting. I don't know if any of it helped, but I tried.

I have full POC information for all of the senior leadership at Mazda Corp, if anyone else wants to contact them just lookup in mailing info on my website.

I also have the email addresses of all of the above, however I was asked not to make them public because they would get too many frivolous complaints...which is understood.

I really don't see what could possibly make Mazda think the MPS is not worth producing, the model meets emissions requirements even with turbo, which is usually the hardest part, it uses mostly existing 6's parts so its not like they have to retune the assembly line....only thing I can figure is that maybe they would have a lot of warranty issues out of the turbo 4.....it took the Evo and WRX yrs to consistently get that kind of power out of their lineup, not to mention Mazda does not have much history in the AWD department either.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda MPS probably won't be produced

I don't buy it, especially when Ford has already commited to building several more cars off the Mazda 6 platform by 2005.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DAMNIT MAZDA!! WHY!!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Its all about Sales. But I think they could do it. Only sell 2000 or so a year (in the US) and they'll sell just fine..

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I think they'll make the MPS only if they decide to get into rally. And I hope they do. That would be a huge boost to Mazda's already great performance reputation.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda MPS probably won't be produced'

dang...i'm kinda rally wrc fan

be awesome to show some zoom zoom power against other manufacturers

·
Registered
269 Posts

That really SUCKS! I was planning on buying one if and when it would have come out. DANG IT !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I'm with you Jonnyspeed6s....right now I am torn between trading my 6 for a GSR Evo 8 or trying to hold out for the MPS.....this definitely was not good news for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts

What would be great would be some sort of supercharger/turbo kit for the 6i :) :) :)

·
Registered
791 Posts

Is this a surprise at all? The Mazda6 isn't selling very well in the states... why would they try to expand on that?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda MPS probably won't be produced'

Hey Diesel, I am new to this forum and I have been doing a lot of Mazda 6 surfing as it is the only way to calm myself as I wait :sarc
I was wondering what were the other three sites you refered to as "good Mazda 6 sites"

Just wanted to look around.
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts