Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazda Millenia

943 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jerome81 
#1 ·
While at the Mazda dealership, I also checked out a Millenia. The interior was, IMO, much nicer than the 6. I wish the '6's interior looked more like the Millenia.

Is the Millenia even worth test driving? Well, every car is worth test driving, but can it compete with the '6?

#2 ·
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Millenia'

The Millenia was going to be the first car of Mazda's aborted luxury line. That's why it doesn't seem to have a real place in Mazda's lineup. More expensive than the 626, yet smaller than the 929. The interior is really nice, and it's got a great ride, if you like it soft. Personally I don't. Also I won't buy an automatic, strike two. And I want/need a little more utility than a sedan offers. Strike three for me.

But Millenias can be had pretty reasonably (unlike the guy who paid $34k). See if you can find a Millenia S to test drive. 210hp/210lb ft. from a 2.3 liter V6. It's smooth, no lag, and pretty fun. Gets about the same mileage as the 2.3 liter MZR I4 in the 6 too.

#6 ·
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Millenia'

Millenia is a solid car, and you can get great deals. My mother owns one, the base and my opinion is that while she likes the luxury of it, I think it is boring as hell to drive.

It is a nice car, but the interior feels way more cramped than it should, the trunk, while decent in cubic feet size, is shaped really low and funny, so it is difficult to get big items in. Handling is solid, if slightly sporty and well weighted, but not "zippy". In base 170hp trim, it is damn slow too. IMHO the S is a must for the extra torque and hp just to get the car to feel normal.

In all it is more like a Lexus ES300 or Acura TL than anything. Entry level luxury car that when introduced in 1995 was a fantastic car if you could get past the Mazda badge, but 7 years later is just outdated.

Basically you get a more luxurious car than you'll ever find in the Altima/Accord/Camry/6 class for the same price with rebates. Just watch the depreciation, it is HORRIBLE (I"m not kidding). Buying used makes an even better deal, as someone else already took the big hit and you can get them for a steal and a half.

In all, I'd take the 6 any day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.