Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So this is the last thread Im making about this. This is going to take place at Ed Zorinsky Lake at 2 PM CST. To Get directions --> http://www.dexonline.com/servlet/ActionSer...esultForm=BASIC . It should work. We will be in the very back lot by the lake. ( Same Place as last time ) If anybody needs more directions or gets lost, feel free to give me a call (402-679-1792) or hit me up on messenger before you go. I plan on having some hot dogs and burgers to eat and just hanging out and bullshitting for awhile. And maybe later on having a small cruise around Omaha. I will bring hamburgers, and buns along with a 24 pack of pop. Im hoping to have a good turnout this time. Lets show the coasts that the midwest can have a decent meet! :p

If your coming, please post up and let me know!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Ok So this is the last thread Im making about this. This is going to take place at Ed Zorinsky Lake at 2 PM CST. To Get directions --> http://www.dexonline.com/servlet/ActionSer...esultForm=BASIC . It should work. We will be in the very back lot by the lake. ( Same Place as last time ) If anybody needs more directions or gets lost, feel free to give me a call (402-679-1792) or hit me up on messenger before you go. I plan on having some hot dogs and burgers to eat and just hanging out and bullshitting for awhile. And maybe later on having a small cruise around Omaha. I will bring hamburgers, and buns along with a 24 pack of pop. Im hoping to have a good turnout this time. Lets show the coasts that the midwest can have a decent meet! :p

If your coming, please post up and let me know!
[/b]
I will defiently be there. I don't know for how long I will be there. Probably take off whenever my friend thats coming with gets bored. Not sure how long of a drive it is.

·
Registered
683 Posts
omg David, did you seriously make another thread for the same freakin meet?.... You can't see it, but I'm shaking my head in shame right now... you worry me lol

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yes... New thread! Sweet!!!

O, and I plan on being there, and I will bring my grill. For a 2pm "lunch", just have a late breakfast (like 10, or 11 or so). I have a soon to be aunt and uncle (my fiancee's) anniversary later that day. But that's not until 6 or so, so I will need to bugger by 4 or 4:30 ish. That should give me enough time to get home, get cleaned up, and get out again.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 and a half hours brosef

im coming, but 2pm is pretty late for lunch
[/b]
2 isnt too bad for lunch, Its about normal for me. And dinner is like 7-8ish. We can meet up at 1 if everyone likes but Im tryin to accomodate hedsic an such since he wont be able to leave till 2ish. Im hoping to have a good turnout so anything you guys can do to get more 6'ers to come would be great :D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
2 isnt too bad for lunch, Its about normal for me. And dinner is like 7-8ish. We can meet up at 1 if everyone likes but Im tryin to accomodate hedsic an such since he wont be able to leave till 2ish. Im hoping to have a good turnout so anything you guys can do to get more 6'ers to come would be great :D
[/b]
names Rick...LoL it'd be wierd having people call me by my screename in person when I got there

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
THE DIRECTIONS I WILL BE TAKING

(god I hope that big ass link comes out as a hyperlink to click on lol)

I took tomarrow off work. So, this is the last access I will have to this site, or online, before the meet. That is the directions I will be taking so I hope to god it gets me where I am supposed to be LOL....

my cell is 515-720-1245 (Rick)

If that link doesn't work I whent on mapquest and did a direction thing starting at:

4700 Westown Parkway,
West Des Moines,IA 50266

and the destination I have as:

Ed Zorinsky Lake Recreation
3808 S 156th St, Omaha, NE 68130, US

I also posted this forum for the meet up in some Iowa sites as well (www.dragsource.com) But no-one really checks out the mazda section since it's mostly Acura's and DSM's.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Rick, Just call me if you get lost in omaha and I can come find you.
[/b]
Got your number written down. I had to go buy a new lcd monitor for my dash since my last one crapped out today so I had to come to the GF's parents house to use there tools and figured I'd get online....

Most likely be expecting a call from me since I am good at getting lost lol...I am brining a friend (old roomate) with me and he knows omaha a bit so he should be able to help lol

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey guys... An energency came up and I may not be able to make it tomorrow. I will have to pass the important "bun purchasing" job off to someone else. My apologies for such short notice.
[/b]
::Gasp:: Something more important than us? No worries, if no one else commits, I'll try and remember to get some buns at the store on the way tomorrow.

·
Registered
153 Posts
went looking for everybody around 4:30 or so and nobody was there. i checked what i thought was every entrance to that park. sorry i missed it fella's!!! i did drive by a silver 6 w/ blacked out headlights w/ hid's on 156th st. i was the blue 6 w/ black adr rims.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Let's see, we all go there around 2. Cooked, at, talked, etc. There were three 6 (Polarwind, Trouble1986 and Myself) and three RX-8's from RX8Club.com. I left around 4:30, just around the time another 6 showed up, and everyone was planning on going for a drive.

We were at the 156th and F street entrance, all the way past the soccer fields in the back.

O, guys, and on my drive back to the interstate, while I was still on Industrial road, I saw a DMC Delorean going the other direction. Thought it was a pretty neat see.

Anybody have pics to put up yet?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, We all left about 430-5 to go on a little drive out into the countryside out west. Was definantly a good time and thanks David for bringing the grill. I love food....Mmm. You missed out on a fun drive though. Nice long straight curvy roads...Hehe, I kinda felt sorry for Eddie being on stock suspension and tires and all. Thanks for posting that up on rx8club, I was REALLY surprised when those guys started showing up. If only more 6 guys showed up but oh well. Ill have a few pictures to post up whenever I make it home.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
went looking for everybody around 4:30 or so and nobody was there. i checked what i thought was every entrance to that park. sorry i missed it fella's!!! i did drive by a silver 6 w/ blacked out headlights w/ hid's on 156th st. i was the blue 6 w/ black adr rims.
[/b]
YEAH, lol That was me lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
8 Participants
HedsIc
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing